Author Topic: Grocery stores are preparing for a second wave of panic buying — you should, too  (Read 933 times)

Offline libertybele

Well...my freezer is supposed to finally be delivered on the 28th (yes, this is my 3rd delivery date given to me), so with any luck I can go to the store and stock up on meat, bread, frozen vegs and fruits.  A friend of mine has a family member that works at the local grocery store and confirmed that rumor has it that meat will become scarce -- especially turkeys for Thanksgiving, so you might want to get one early and stick it in the freezer.

Grocery stores are preparing for a second wave of panic buying — you should, too

Remember those long lines and bare shelves?

The hoarding began slowly in spring as forward-thinking shoppers snapped up masks and hand sanitizer. But once Americans realized the pandemic was serious, they emptied stores of just about everything, from toilet paper to canned soup.

With an alarming increase in COVID-19 cases this fall, panic buying could return as worries of a second lockdown spread. Retailers say they’re already seeing the signs and are hopeful they’ll be ready.

Here’s what stores are doing to prepare for a second wave and what you should do, too.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grocery-stores-preparing-second-wave-160000506.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That may happen.  But I if it does the panic buying will be fuel by the likes of Yahoo news and the like.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have noticed in my area at our local stores toilet paper and paper towels are beginning to be in short supply...so I have stocked up on those.

I have two chest freezers that are filled to capacity..so I am okay there too.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

I am WELL on my way @libertybele ...Working on rice and black beans and red  beans now... Noodles... Dry goods. My pantry is buried, and so is my freezer... Heading toward TWICE what I had at the end of last summer.

And I have taken to canning beef and venison. It will be fine on the shelf for a long, long time, and will give me back some real estate in the freezer to load up with something else...

You might think that way some too - You can put a ton of meat up without a freezer.

Offline skeeter

That may happen.  But I if it does the panic buying will be fuel by the likes of Yahoo news and the like.
I fully expect sheeple to fall for it a second time.

Gavin Newsome has given Californians rules for their thanksgiving dinner - the acceptable number of guests, it should be held outside, should last no longer than two hours, etc. And all the brainstems are nodding in agreement.

Meanwhile I see Europeans - of all people - rioting against a second shutdown. The land of the free has shifted 3k miles eastward.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If there is a second wave, it will be much worse.  Inventories are reduced still and have not yet recovered.  Many stores here have half empty shelves all the time.  When I go to the grocery store, they are typically out of half the items I am shopping for every time I go, particularly paper products.

Offline LegalAmerican

I bought a gallon jar of pickles today!  lol

I guess I need to so some serious shopping.  I have been prepared for 25 years!   

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bought a gallon jar of pickles today!  lol

I guess I need to so some serious shopping.  I have been prepared for 25 years!

Don't You mean "Pickled" for 25 years.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

Don't You mean "Pickled" for 25 years.

NO.  That is YOU.  I don't do any illegal drugs, (never have) nor do I  have a drinking problem , nor smoke.....ever. Never did weed. NEVER.  You are talking about yourself.  Why do you feel the need to post that?  HIGH?   s/

Online mountaineer

Yahoo News is about as far left as you can get. It figures they'd try to incite panic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, the active case count just dropped by 20% here....(recovered, for the most part).

So, the panic is just that--panic.

There wouldn't be any political purposes in ginning up something like that, now would there? :shrug:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis