Author Topic: White House to host swearing-in event for Barrett on Monday night  (Read 1067 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House to host swearing-in event for Barrett on Monday night
By Brett Samuels - 10/26/20 09:36 AM EDT

The White House plans to host a swearing-in ceremony for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett on Monday night following her expected confirmation, despite concerns that a gathering for her nomination in September was a super-spreader event for the coronavirus.

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told reporters on Monday that if Barrett is confirmed by the Senate later in the day, "then we expect for a swearing in to happen later this evening if all goes well."

"We’re doing... the best we can to encourage as much social distancing as possible. It’ll be outdoors if it goes off as planned right now," Meadows said. "And still continue to do testing in and around those that are critical to the mission to try to get there."

Meadows brushed aside criticism that the ceremony would be a repeat of the late September Rose Garden event for Barrett by arguing that other factors may have contributed to the White House outbreak.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/522736-white-house-to-host-swearing-in-event-for-barrett-on-monday-night
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: White House to host swearing-in event for Barrett on Monday night
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:11:02 pm »
I'd try for Tuesday instead.  I don't put anything past the dims in trying to disrupt this thing coming to a vote.  I just read they sent a letter to Pence demanding he skip presiding, due to COVID risk.  Watch for even more drastic tactics.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:03:21 pm »
I'd try for Tuesday instead.  I don't put anything past the dims in trying to disrupt this thing coming to a vote.  I just read they sent a letter to Pence demanding he skip presiding, due to COVID risk.  Watch for even more drastic tactics.

Make it a "sliding deadline," based on her final vote.  But, I think Schumer's quiver is empty.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »
The vote begins a little after 7pm tonight, I believe.
Have Ms. Barrett at the White House at that time.
When the final tally is announced in the Senate, swear her in within 10 minutes.
Get it done!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 05:09:50 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:54:29 pm »
Clarence Thomas to administer constitutional oath to Amy Coney Barrett

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will administer the official constitutional oath to Judge Amy Coney Barrett on Monday night if she is confirmed by the Senate, a senior White House official told Fox News.

Thomas has long been considered one of the more conservative justices on the Court, along with Barrett's mentor, the late Justice Antonin Scalia. The would-be celebration of her confirmation won't be a large affair, President Trump said, noting that it will be "just a very nice event."

Trump made those comments to reporters on Monday at Lehigh Valley International Airport in Pennsylvania, Politico reported. The president has been holding rallies in the swing state as part of a final push to win support for next week's election.

Barrett's confirmation, which is expected to take place on Monday evening, will mark his third successful appointment to the high court within his first term. The highly contentious process has provoked backlash from Democrats, who claim Republicans hypocritically jammed her nomination through after rejecting Judge Merrick Garland's in 2016.

In a video retweeted by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., he accused Republicans of committing "one of the greatest acts of hypocrisy that has ever occurred in the Senate."........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barrett-confirmation-celebration-white-house
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »
I wish I could see that, @libertybele, but we have a Dr. appointment.  There'll be tape.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 09:23:41 pm »
Looks like around 7:30p EST for the vote.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 09:30:17 pm »
Appointment of justices is the reason why I voted for Trump; that and a vote against Hillary.  I though he'd appoint 1, 2 at the most ....but here comes number 3. Hoping that the appointment does indeed take place tonight.  A definite reason to celebrate!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 09:48:51 pm »
Is this one of those 'super-spreader' events?  Or is that

a nickname for the dem VP?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 09:52:31 pm »
Looks like around 7:30p EST for the vote.

Roughly another hour and a half ..... let's get her seated!!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 10:06:15 pm »
POTUS just wrapped up his third (and last) rally for today.  All three rallies in Pennsylvania!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 10:09:02 pm »
Being reported:  Clarence Thomas to administer constitutional oath to Amy Coney Barrett.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 10:11:11 pm »
Being reported:  Clarence Thomas to administer constitutional oath to Amy Coney Barrett.

Yes ... post up thread  happy77   pointing-up

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 10:20:00 pm »
Is this one of those 'super-spreader' events?  Or is that a nickname for the dem VP?
That's what Willie Brown said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 11:40:11 pm »
I don't know how many senators are going to speak before the vote. Mitch McConnell is currently speaking.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 11:44:07 pm »
I don't know how many senators are going to speak before the vote. Mitch McConnell is currently speaking.

Hopefully not many ... get on with the dang vote and get her sworn in TONIGHT!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 11:53:02 pm »
Roll call.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 12:06:00 am »
Confirmed !

It's now "Justice" Amy Coney Barrett.

Next:
Get her sworn in, pronto !

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 01:25:19 am »
Confirmed !

Next:

Done!  Game over, you Rat Bastards!
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 02:13:12 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:24:42 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 02:41:52 am »
Confirmed !

Next:

@Fishrrman

I have to admit,this was one of the most exciting things to happen in my life for me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2020, 02:44:05 am »
Done!  Game over, you Rat Bastards!

lol lol lol   :thumbsup:
In 4 years, two more for POTUS TRUMP!