Author Topic: A Momentous Election By Roger Kimball  (Read 323 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Momentous Election By Roger Kimball
« on: October 25, 2020, 04:15:49 pm »
A Momentous Election

Donald Trump may be an odd ambassador of freedom. But Joe Biden is but a gibbering front for a vanguard that would destroy America as traditionally conceived.

By Roger Kimball
October 24, 2020

So here we are, 10 days out from the most momentous election of my lifetime.

Candor requires that I admit that I have often felt that sense of existential emergency around election time. But reflection tells me that the closest thing to the 2020 election was the 2016 election, and that was not because of its wild card—Donald Trump—but because of “sure thing” Hillary Clinton, the single most corrupt serious contender for president in our history.

That may seem melodramatic, but the truth is often melodramatic.

I did not, until recently, suspect Joe Biden of serious corruption. The ongoing revelations from Hunter Biden’s “laptop from hell” have led me to reconsider that judgment, especially when combined with the ongoing bulletins from Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, who claims that Joe Biden, contrary to his repeated assertions, was involved in discussions about his son’s business dealings.

So far, I believe, the public is not privy to any smoking-gun evidence about Joe Biden’s involvement, but the gun is warm and the optics are bad. The implicit oath of omertà followed by the media with respect to the saga of Hunter’s laptop has been truly impressive.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/24/a-momentous-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: A Momentous Election By Roger Kimball
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
"I did not, until recently, suspect Joe Biden of serious corruption."

What?

Where the hell have you been for decades?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 05:47:06 pm »

What?

You have to take into account what it takes for something to be "serious" in the lexicon of some @DB
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 06:03:05 pm »

What?

I had no idea it was that extensive, myself.  Can't imagine giving up Chinese Nationals who were CIA spies and informants.  What kind of an American Patriot would do such a thing?

They should rename the Biden family, 'The Biden Cartel'.

Incidentally, just saw that vanity tag on his 1967 Stingray was "BIGGUY"   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald