Author Topic: Colorado Court Rules Limits on Church Attendance Unconstitutional  (Read 958 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Colorado Court Rules Limits on Church Attendance Unconstitutional

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2020/10/21/colorado-court-rules-limits-on-church-attendance-unconstitutional-n1075528

A U.S. District Court judge has found some of Colorado’s public health orders that limit attendance at churches to be unconstitutional.

Judge Daniel Domenico found that two state rules governing church-going are more severe for religious institutions than for secular ones and violate congregants’ Constitutional rights to freedom of religion.

Two churches filed a lawsuit against both state and federal authorities in August, alleging public health orders aimed at curbing the spread of the novel coronavirus violated their religious rights. Domenico dismissed most of their claims in a ruling last week but on Thursday determined that the services can go ahead as long as social distancing is observed and other public health rules are followed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Colorado Court Rules Limits on Church Attendance Unconstitutional
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:08:48 pm »
Duh.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:07:54 am »
Trump Judges Matter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:09 am »
Trump Judges Matter.

uh huh

Judge got no right. NO STANDING.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 12:31:43 am »
uh huh

Judge got no right. NO STANDING.

I meant the Judge was appointed by Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 12:40:27 am »
I meant the Judge was appointed by Trump.

Oh really now...

I don't give a flying f who appointed a judge. He has no standing here.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 01:08:25 am »
Oh really now...

I don't give a flying f who appointed a judge. He has no standing here.

Judges never have "standing."  If they did, they'd have to recuse themselves for conflict of interest.

The Judge had the case before him, and he found correctly.  For that, I am thankful.  An O'Bastard Judge would have doubled the fine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 01:53:59 pm »
Judges never have "standing."  If they did, they'd have to recuse themselves for conflict of interest.

Judges can never have "standing" unless they are suing someone. Because only plaintiffs can have "standing".

This judge ruled correctly, but as the OP article notes, more liberal judges have ruled differently. So these cases are likely to wend their way through the courts until either the USSC rules, lets a decision stand unreviewed, or the issues are made moot by Covid being so under "control" that even the most tyrannous goobernors relent.

*look* Whitmer *look* Newsom *look* Cuomo *look*
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 04:04:34 pm »
Colorado State Constitution

Article II, Sec 4

The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination, shall forever hereafter be guaranteed
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 11:53:54 pm »
Colorado State Constitution

Article II, Sec 4

The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination, shall forever hereafter be guaranteed

That is my point.

There is no court case. The judge has no standing to make a ruling.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 12:05:49 am »
That is my point.

There is no court case. The judge has no standing to make a ruling.

Yes, he does.  From the article:

Two churches filed a lawsuit against both state and federal authorities in August, alleging public health orders aimed at curbing the spread of the novel coronavirus violated their religious rights. Domenico dismissed most of their claims in a ruling last week but on Thursday determined that the services can go ahead as long as social distancing is observed and other public health rules are followed.

The State of Colorado's position was that they were allowed to restrict religious rights as a matter of public safety.  The judge is essentially ruling that the State must allow churches the opportunity to alleviate any threats to public safety.  Even though it is federal court, it is State law that is at issue here.