Author Topic: Brains of young people exposed to dirty air show signs consistent with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s  (Read 271 times)

rangerrebew

Brains of young people exposed to dirty air show signs consistent with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s

10/09/2020 / By Divina Ramirez

It’s no secret that air pollution can damage the lungs and the heart. But new research suggests that exposure to polluted air can trigger neurodegeneration as well.

In a study published in the journal Environmental Research, an international team of researchers described how they found tiny air pollution particles lodged in the brain stems of young people. Alongside the particles, they also found markers not only of Alzheimer’s disease but also of Parkinson’s disease and motor neuron disease (MND).

The particles are thought to have come from vehicle exhaust due to their appearance and composition. The researchers also speculated that the particles reached the brain after being inhaled into the bloodstream through the nose and/or mouth.

https://www.climate.news/2020-10-09-air-pollution-linked-to-neurodegeneration.html

rangerrebew

Horse hockey!!  I remember as a young buck driving along welfare alley in Michigan (Detroit to Saginaw) and you could see the foundry debris particles in the air.  One area in Detroit was in the Rouge River, called Zug Island) and if you drove through it, there was so much crap in the air you needed to get a car wash when you left it.  Another area between Detroit and Toledo, was a factory which made fiberglass and it was so thick in the air it felt like little pin pricks when it touch your skin.

By comparison, today's climate is pristine to those days (1960s) and I would have expected research to show that.  Instead it shows the air is worse.  Give me a break you money grubbing "scientists."