Author Topic: Clyburn: Barrett Confirmation Will ‘Throwback’ SCOTUS to Days of Segregation, Slavery  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: Barrett Confirmation Will ‘Throwback’ SCOTUS to Days of Segregation, Slavery

Pam Key 21 Oct 2020

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) said if Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed, the Supreme Court will become a “throwback” to the 1896 Plessy vs. Ferguson decision that upheld racial segregation and the 1857 Dred Scott decision which upheld slavery.

Anchor Poppy Harlow said, “Let’s end on this, if Judge Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed to the Supreme Court this week, if Joe Biden wins the presidential election do you support a President Biden packing the Supreme Court?”

Clyburn replied, “Well, I think the Supreme Court is being packed now.”

Harlow pressed, “But more justices, to the question of more justices, adding them, is that a good idea?”

Clyburn said, “Well, adding justices, I think we need to unpack the Supreme Court. There needs to be balanced in the Supreme Court. You know, I know what the Supreme Court was like during the Dred Scott decision, I know what the Supreme Court was like during Plessy vs. Ferguson. I think that this court that we see developing now is a throwback to Plessy vs. Ferguson and even Dred Scott?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/21/clyburn-barrett-confirmation-will-throwback-scotus-to-days-of-segregation-slavery/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

These VRA districts sure do churn out some geniuses.

Online mountaineer

How can one even respond to such idiocy? Filling a judicial vacancy - which is what presidents are supposed to do - magically became "court packing" to these idiots, and then they were off to the races.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Segregation?  Clyburn must think that Barrett is a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-