Author Topic: Supreme Court allows three-day extension for Pennsylvania ballots  (Read 470 times)

Offline corbe

Supreme Court allows three-day extension for Pennsylvania ballots

by Associated Press
October 19, 2020 09:41 PM

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court will allow Pennsylvania to count mailed-in ballots received up to three days after the Nov. 3 election, rejecting a Republican plea in the presidential battleground state.

The justices divided 4-4 on Monday, an outcome that upholds a state Supreme Court ruling that required county election officials to receive and count mailed-in ballots that arrive up until Nov. 6, even if they don't have a clear postmark, as long as there is not proof it was mailed after the polls closed.

<..snip..>

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the three liberal justices to reject Pennsylvania Republicans' call for the court to block the state court ruling.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/supreme-court-allows-three-day-extension-for-pennsylvania-ballots
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

Re: Supreme Court allows three-day extension for Pennsylvania ballots
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 02:20:06 am »
So just damage the post mark and anything goes...

Brilliant...

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 02:58:25 am »
Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the three liberal justices to reject Pennsylvania Republicans' call for the court to block the state court ruling.

Wow, what an ass. Sen. Cruz must be right, he hates Trump. I guess the hate runs so deep he doesn't care if in the end it means the Court itself gets packed with leftists.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 01:58:01 pm »
John Roberts sides with liberal justices on Pennsylvania ballots, election could get ‘really ugly’ if close

David Harsanyi
@davidharsanyi
·
14h
If PA is really close, and bunch of ballots come in three days later -- without postmarks -- to decide the election, it's going to be really ugly.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/20/john-roberts-sides-with-liberal-justices-on-pennsylvania-ballots-election-could-get-really-ugly-if-close-986777
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AL

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 03:36:18 pm »
This is all a setup.  Pennsylvania needs more time to count ballots?  Why can't they prepare like other states?  No doubt this is designed for a big cheat.  Roberts is the enabler.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 03:41:51 pm »
This is all a setup.  Pennsylvania needs more time to count ballots?  Why can't they prepare like other states?  No doubt this is designed for a big cheat.  Roberts is the enabler.

It isn't that they need more time to count. They need more time to collect new ones - after they have a count.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 04:00:03 pm »
   Apparently, they need more Ballot Counters and less Poll Watchers.....

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 12:48:45 am »
I'm guessing that this time around, Mr. Trump is going to have to win without Pennsylvania.

That's "do-able", but makes the victory more uncertain.

What this decision reveals is that John Roberts has "gone over" to the other side. I sense he'll be aligning with the Court leftists much more in the future, particularly with Ms. Barrett on the bench.

Possibly the worst "Republican Supreme Court pick" since Earl Warren...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 03:01:31 am »
I am so tired of saying this, that I am getting blue in the face.  Roberts has been blackmailed to veer left on close cases. 

Check the record. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 03:24:40 am »
So much for what the law says.  Just make it up as you go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-