Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke to teach politics course at Texas State next spring  (Read 1001 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O'Rourke to teach politics course at Texas State next spring
By FOX 7 Austin Digital Team
Published 1 day ago
Texas State University
FOX 7 Austin

SAN MARCOS, Texas - Former Democratic presidential and Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke will teach a class on Texas politics at Texas State University in spring 2021, pending finalization of his hire.

As an adjunct lecturer, the former Congressman will teach PS 4325 (Texas Politics), a synchronous online class that will feature remote lectures with up to 15% of instruction delivered in-person, COVID-19 permitting, says the university.

more
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/beto-orourke-to-teach-politics-course-at-texas-state-next-spring
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Beto O'Rourke to teach politics course at Texas State next spring
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 06:05:05 pm »
Okay, class, we'll be meeting outdoors tomorrow. Dress accordingly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 06:15:25 pm »
I wonder if he'll be teaching his skateboarding skills as well?  (I'd post the video where he crashes into a car, but the video has been deleted).

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 06:38:00 pm »
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Former Democratic presidential and Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke will teach a class on Texas politics at Texas State University in spring 2021, pending finalization of his hire.  As an adjunct lecturer, the former Congressman will teach PS 4325 (Texas Politics), a synchronous online class that will feature remote lectures with up to 15% of instruction delivered in-person, COVID-19 permitting, says the university.
@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Texas State University is not the "University of Texas" at Austin.
TSU is at San Marcus, Texas, some miles south of Austin.
My husband grew up there and his father, Leland Derrick, was head of the English Department, then Vice-President, then President of TSU.  There is a "Derrick Hall" building there.

Story:
When Leland's father was head of the English Dept., he and wife put 3 yr. old Leland, in a college children's nursery school.  During the day, they took a nap and they put the little kids in pajamas.  Well, little Leland, took off without pajamas on, meaning he was naked, and he ran across the campus to his father's office.

He was the first naked streaker....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:39:29 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 06:44:55 pm »
Well that pretty much is going to lower the value of a TSU degree.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 08:08:40 pm »
O'Rourke attended Columbia University and graduated in 1995 with a degree in English literature.

That explains a lot.  He might as well have joined the f'n Peace Corps rather than waste his 7 years in college getting that worthless degree.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 08:12:31 pm »
@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

My husband grew up there and his father, Leland Derrick, was head of the English Department, then Vice-President, then President of TSU.  There is a "Derrick Hall" building there.

Story:
When Leland's father was head of the English Dept., he and wife put 3 yr. old Leland, in a college children's nursery school.  During the day, they took a nap and they put the little kids in pajamas.  Well, little Leland, took off without pajamas on, meaning he was naked, and he ran across the campus to his father's office.

@Victoria33 great story and I love your avatar!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 08:27:17 pm »
@Victoria33 great story and I love your avatar!

Thanks to @Cyber Liberty for the avatar!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 09:34:18 pm »
By FOX 7 Austin Digital Team
Published 1 day ago
Texas State University
FOX 7 Austin

SAN MARCOS, Texas - Former Democratic presidential and Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke will teach a class on Texas politics at Texas State University in spring 2021, pending finalization of his hire.

As an adjunct lecturer, the former Congressman will teach PS 4325 (Texas Politics), a synchronous online class that will feature remote lectures with up to 15% of instruction delivered in-person, COVID-19 permitting, says the university.

more
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/beto-orourke-to-teach-politics-course-at-texas-state-next-spring

Not against you Nancy.  The ARTICE AND BETO.

:mauslaff:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 12:03:45 am »
Thanks to @Cyber Liberty for the avatar!
Did you give him the 5 cents?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 12:05:50 am »
Considering his degree of success in politics, this seems to be an example of the old adage,  "Those who can do do, those who can't..."
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 12:48:12 am »
Did you give him the 5 cents?

Even trade.  And I feel spiffy! 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 01:11:10 am »
@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Cyber Liberty

Story:

Was he head of the Texas State University or of Southwest Texas State University?

My wife's diploma who graduated at that time says Southwest Texas State University.

Oh, and I do not find that name among past presidents, either.
https://www.president.txstate.edu/presidents-office/past-presidents.html

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 01:37:58 am »
Considering his degree of success in politics, this seems to be an example of the old adage,  "Those who can do do, those who can't..."

teach.....and those who can't teach.....become politicians.

Offline dancer

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 08:29:01 am »
My Pleasure!   :beer: :beer:
Hey, I want one!  How about this guy,  888mouth?