Author Topic: Japan’s government has decided to release more than a million tons of radioactive water into the sea  (Read 622 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Big Wobble 10/16/2020

Nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japan’s government has decided to release more than a million tons of radioactive water into the sea which has built up at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant despite fish showing positive for radiation as far away as California

Nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japan’s government has decided to release contaminated water from the destroyed plant into the sea, media reports said on Friday, with a formal announcement expected to be made later this month according to a report by Reuters.

More than a million tons of radioactive water has built up at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant which was crippled during the 2011 earthquake and tsunami as operator Tokyo Electric (Tepco) tries to cool the melted fuel cores by pouring water over them. Tepco has said it will run out of tank space by mid-2022.

The decision is expected to rankle neighbouring countries like South Korea, which has already stepped up radiation tests of food from Japan, and further devastate the fishing industry in Fukushima that has battled against such a move for years. It has long been known marine life in the area has been contaminated by leaking water seeping radiation into the sea.

In 2017, A study by the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa revealed almost 50% of fish consumed on the islands of Hawai’i were contaminated with caesium 134 the radioactive finger-print of Fukushima.

The report also showed that migrating organisms can transport the Fukushima-signature (caesium 134) over significant distances as they showed detectable 134Cs (6.3±1.5 Bq/kg) in Pacific bluefin tuna caught off the California coast only a year after the incident.

More: http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/10/nearly-decade-after-fukushima-nuclear.html

Offline LegalAmerican

So. Why?  What is the intent.  They KNOW THIS and still do it? 

Online roamer_1

A star named wormwood falls from heaven turning a third of the springs and rivers bitter...

Chernobyl means 'wormwood'... Still heading for the European aquifers

Now Fukushima...

#SomethingThere

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A star named wormwood falls from heaven turning a third of the springs and rivers bitter...

Chernobyl means 'wormwood'... Still heading for the European aquifers

Now Fukushima...

#SomethingThere

Before

Carol Gallagher

American Ground Zero: The Secret Nuclear War

A book detailing the effects of the testing of nuclear weapons on American soil.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So. Why?  What is the intent.  They KNOW THIS and still do it?

Basic Survival Instinct.

The Japanese, as a culture, have no where else to go.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

Basic Survival Instinct.

The Japanese, as a culture, have no where else to go.

They could designate a land area and let it seep into the soil there.  After a while the radioactivity would dissipate.  Maybe a 100 years, but it would not contaminate all fish & foul and mankind.  Themselves included.  Something, does not make sense. Some kind of filter?  They are smart, this is NOT, the only solution. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They could designate a land area and let it seep into the soil there.  After a while the radioactivity would dissipate.  Maybe a 100 years, but it would not contaminate all fish & foul and mankind.  Themselves included.  Something, does not make sense. Some kind of filter?  They are smart, this is NOT, the only solution.

It is too close to the ocean. They "lost" at least one and maybe two cores. Melted into the ground. Initial estimates were for a minimum cleanup at 40 years. 40 YEARS

Everyone was relocated from the area. They apparently have run out of storage space and or containers for this water.

There have been varying estimates on how much radioactive water is going into the ocean since this happened.

My best guess is that they have been dumping for years. Now there is a whistleblower event they are trying to cover by an official announcement...STAY CALM.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Enviro-whackos don't seem to be bothered.  Reason is, they've duped the USA and EU into submission.  They know the Japanese will tell them to pound sand.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Enviro-whackos don't seem to be bothered.  Reason is, they've duped the USA and EU into submission.  They know the Japanese will tell them to pound sand.

Here is the lie.

Check the math. Thw weight is different than the amount in gallons.