Author Topic: Live: Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation hearings | Day 2  (Read 4091 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The questions begin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live: Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation hearings | Day 2
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 01:53:16 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
1m
This is your daily reminder that Dianne Feinstein knew about the heinous allegations made against Brett Kavanaugh, kept them secret, and then leaked them—all to destroy an innocent man's life.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 01:53:24 pm »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1m
“So you have no thoughts on the subject” Feinstein condescendingly, stupidly asks, after Barrett has explained a dozen times that as a sitting federal judge she isn’t allowed to say what she would decide on specific cases
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 01:54:02 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
·
1m
The Senators are all reading prewritten questions. ACB is bringing up case details and complex legal doctrine throughout the hearing completely from memory, with no notes in front of her.
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 01:57:13 pm »
Feinstein trying desperately to establish emotion as the sole legitimate basis for court rulings.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 02:00:36 pm »
Angela.Kay
@DeepSouthProud
·
23s
Feinstein asking Amy Coney Barrett about businesses assigning employees to certain locations based on race, but is perfectly fine with Biden choosing his running mate based on race. And gender.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 02:05:19 pm »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1m
“So you have no thoughts on the subject” Feinstein condescendingly, stupidly asks, after Barrett has explained a dozen times that as a sitting federal judge she isn’t allowed to say what she would decide on specific cases

Uhh  Difi...  Your party sponsored that precedent on SCOTUS hearings. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 02:06:33 pm »
Daily Caller
@DailyCaller
·
11m
BARRETT: "If I give off-the-cuff answers then I would be basically a legal pundit and I do not think we want judges to be legal pundit. I think we want judges to approach cases thoughtfully and with an open mind."
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 02:11:37 pm »
Daily Caller
@DailyCaller
·
11m
BARRETT: "If I give off-the-cuff answers then I would be basically a legal pundit and I do not think we want judges to be legal pundit. I think we want judges to approach cases thoughtfully and with an open mind."

Kaboom, and in your face.....  DIFI 

This lady is nailing it.  Notice the lack of MSM coverage?  Dims  want as little coverage as possible after they vote against her. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 02:14:11 pm »
Ed Whelan
@EdWhelanEPPC
·
13m
ACB: I have never discriminated on the basis of sexual orientation. I believe that discrimination is abhorrent.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 02:14:35 pm »
Steve Guest
@SteveGuest
·
7m
Judge Barrett tells Sen. Feinstein: “I don’t have any agenda” other than “to stick to the rule of law”
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 02:25:34 pm »
Barrett is required to sign a sworn statement affirming that she has not discussed any future cases with any members of the Executive branch, yet she is being repeatedly asked by the legislative branch to discuss such cases.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 02:28:57 pm »
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
3m
“Children under the age of 26” is a phrase just uttered by a Democrat member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 02:29:46 pm »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1m
This hearing is a reminder that there are more than a few elderly Democrat politicians who think that the time to retire and hand the reins of power to the younger generations that they claim to care about so much is NEVER
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 02:30:23 pm »
Barrett is required to sign a sworn statement affirming that she has not discussed any future cases with any members of the Executive branch, yet she is being repeatedly asked by the legislative branch to discuss such cases.

The dims panic tactics have now devolved to try to score a "gotcha" event.  This lady is way to smart for that.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 02:30:36 pm »
Angela.Kay
@DeepSouthProud
·
4m
Patrick Leahy just told Amy Coney Barrett that people who have recovered from covid-19 are now considered to have a "pre-existing condition." Absurd!!!!!!!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 02:31:40 pm »
Angela.Kay
@DeepSouthProud
·
4m
Recovery from a virus is NOT a pre-existing condition!
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »
Here’s an interesting fact.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had over one hundred Supreme Court clerks in her twenty-seven years on the bench. And out of all those clerks, RBG selected ONE clerk of color. Every other clerk was Caucasoid.

So one could factually say that Amy Coney Barrett has more black children—adopted two Haitian children—than RBG had Supreme Court clerks. Yet, it’s ACB that’s the white racist, and RBG the champion of the woken.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 02:40:49 pm by aligncare »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 02:38:41 pm »
Angela.Kay
@DeepSouthProud
·
4m
Recovery from a virus is NOT a pre-existing condition!

No relevance here.  Barrett is not a legislator.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online rustynail

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 02:41:45 pm »
Angela.Kay
@DeepSouthProud
·
4m
Patrick Leahy just told Amy Coney Barrett that people who have recovered from covid-19 are now considered to have a "pre-existing condition." Absurd!!!!!!!

And will soon be able to file for Supplemental Security Income or federal job preference?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 02:43:31 pm »
Here’s an interesting fact.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had over one hundred Supreme Court clerks in her twenty-seven years on the bench. And out of all those clerks, RBG selected ONE clerk of color. Every other clerk was Caucasoid.

So one could factually say that Amy Coney Barrett has more black children—adopted two Haitian children—than RBG had Supreme Court clerks. But, it’s Barrett that’s the white racist.

Another point that seems to get lost in all the RBG mania.  If she was so worried about who her replacement was, why didn't she retire 2008-2014, while the democrats held the executive branch and the senate. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 03:08:53 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
3m
Worth noting that Patrick Leahy has been in office since Judge Barrett was three years old

RT if its time for term limits for members of Congress!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 03:11:22 pm »
Tweet from TeamNRO
Alexandra DeSanctis
@xan_desanctis
·
13m
Sen. Cornyn asks Barrett to show the committee the notes in front of her that she’s been using during the hearing. Barrett smiles a little and holds up a small United States Senate notepad without a single note on it
Fire
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 03:12:23 pm »
Jennifer Bendery
@jbendery
·
21m
Replying to
@jbendery
Leahy touches on Barrett's record of pro-life positions: Do you think IVF is tantamount to manslaughter?

Barrett: I've never expressed a view on IVF. I can't express my personal views to the committee b/c my personal views don't have anything to do with how I would decide cases.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:45 pm »
ABC News
@ABC
At Barrett hearing, Sen. Durbin criticizes “the notion that this whole idea” of Barrett “being used for political purposes is a Democratic creation.”

“Read the tweets and you have plenty to work with,” Durbin says in apparent reference to Trump’s tweets. http://abcn.ws/3iSz2a8
Support the USO