Author Topic: Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections
« on: October 12, 2020, 01:52:54 pm »
Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections
Play
October 11, 2020

As the presidential election looms, Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, tells NPR's Morning Edition that the military plays no role in politics, and that he has complete trust in America's institutions to manage election disputes.

"We have established a very long 240-year tradition of an apolitical military that does not get involved in domestic politics," Milley told NPR's Steve Inskeep on Sunday.

Milley's comments represent the first time he has addressed the potential for a disputed election in depth in an on-the-record interview.

https://www.wbur.org/npr/922827554/gen-mark-milley-says-the-military-plays-no-role-in-elections
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:23:28 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:08:02 am »
As democrats have many times held onto military ballots to ensure they are not counted, because the military leans Conservative.  This has happened many times in many elections, i find 'fair elections' for military personnel generally a farce.  I've watched it happen for many decades.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions