Author Topic: Amy Coney Barrett tells Senate panel she signed ad decrying Roe v. Wade as 'infamous'  (Read 663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amy Coney Barrett tells Senate panel she signed ad decrying Roe v. Wade as 'infamous'
By Celine Castronuovo - 10/10/20 08:59 AM EDT

Judge Amy Coney Barrett, President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, submitted a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday showing she had previously signed onto an ad that referred to the Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion as “infamous” and called “for the unborn to be protected in law.”

The ad, sponsored by the University of Notre Dame’s Faculty for Life and the Notre Dame Fund to Protect Human Life, was published in 2013, according to Bloomberg. Barrett, who has served as a law professor at Notre Dame since 2002, joined more than a hundred other university members in signing the ad criticizing the 1973 abortion ruling.

“In the 40 years since the Supreme Court’s infamous Roe v. Wade decision, over 55 million unborn children have been killed by abortions,” the ad started.

The statement continued, “We faculty and staff at the University of Notre Dame reaffirm our full support of our university’s commitment to the right to life, we renew our call for the unborn to be protected in law and welcomed in life, and we voice our love and support for the mothers who bear them.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/520463-amy-coney-barrett-tells-senate-panel-she-signed-ad-decrying-roe-v-wade-as
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The roaches at The Hill move on to their next assignment.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Right on cue.   Waiting for Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jenkins  to cave to the students demanding he renounce Judge Barrett.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

This is all over...not just on The Hill...Fox has it too as well as Bretbart
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions—even judges. I imagine some the Obama appointed associate justices were pro-life but kept it to themselves.  :rolling:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What?

A Catholic who is Pro-Life?

How could that be?

I'm shocked... NOT!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis