Author Topic: Who buys masks for your household?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Who buys masks for your household?
« on: October 08, 2020, 11:44:17 pm »
You?
Your spouse?

Other?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Who buys masks for your household?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 11:49:50 pm »
We don't do masks.  Never will.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:14:25 am »
I sewed a couple. We wear them when we have to, but I made mine too loose on purpose so I  have a chance to breathe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 12:15:13 am »
My wife and mother in law make them.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 12:16:53 am »
I live in a state that is free of such things.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 12:55:59 am »
Got a mask from some dickhead Liberal a few 6 or so months ago.
Put it in my wallet. Pull it out when I have to. Just for the show, political theater.
It doesn't actually do anything. But the Liberal Nazis are crazy over it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 01:46:51 am »
My son's motherinlaw made several for us..She just made Trump ones that are in the mail.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 01:52:18 am »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 02:41:46 am »
I use a "mask" fashioned from a cut up t-shirt. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 07:20:43 am »
Think I have wore a mask about 4 times (couple doctor visits and gas station)... I really don't go out much where I have to wear a mask. I work in the yard, shed, garage and don't bother folks much. Company comes I keep a respectful distance away and don't hug a lot. Lot of places seem to hand out free masks, wife collects a few, I put them in my truck in case I make a tobacco run.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 08:36:25 am »
I almost never wear a mask.  In Georgia, we have had a fair amount of freedom in that regard.

There are only a couple establishments here that require a msk to enter their establishment, otherwise I never wear one.

Today I went to the grocery store.  For the very first time, I was the ONLY person that did not have a mask on.  It was a surprise to me.  So one good thing Trump did getting sick is motivating Americans to wear a mask.  If the president can get it, so too can I is the mindset of many here, I am sure.

So one of the best things to get folks wearing a mask was Trump contracting the disease.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 10:48:50 am »
Me. I live in a state that mandates wearing them. However I bought some really pretty ones.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 01:31:27 pm »
I use a "mask" fashioned from a cut up t-shirt.
That's what's so funny. It doesn't actually matter whether the mask is the least bit effective at preventing transmission of the virus. It's all for show. Virtue signaling.

For a dental visit a few weeks back, they gave me one of those one-use papery masks to put on before entering the building. I ripped out the inner layers in order to be able to breathe. It clearly has a big hole on the inside, but it's still a mask!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 01:35:12 pm »
Think I have wore a mask about 4 times (couple doctor visits and gas station)... I really don't go out much where I have to wear a mask. I work in the yard, shed, garage and don't bother folks much. Company comes I keep a respectful distance away and don't hug a lot. Lot of places seem to hand out free masks, wife collects a few, I put them in my truck in case I make a tobacco run.

Me about the same... out all I have to do is say I am asthmatic, and get a free pass. How crazy is that?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
I (reluctantly) bought a few reusable, handmade masks from a seller in California -- this was when masks became required, but they were as scarce as hen's teeth. This seller was the only one I could find who had masks for sale at a reasonable price. I have since obtained some disposable masks (they came as a "free gift" with something I ordered), plus my health insurance company sent me a colorful, reusable mask for being a subscriber or something.

All of them are a PITA to wear because no matter what I do, they constantly move around.  When I bend down to tie my shoes for example, the mask ends up over my eyes.  Another thing:  they fog up my glasses or sunglasses. 

But I wear them because (a) they are required in most places; and (b) they make others feel safer.  Personally, I don't believe they do anything to keep the virus away.  I will be happy when this dang virus is over and we can go back to not having to wear masks, social distance and the rest.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 03:00:54 pm »
We got all our cloth masks at the GOP HQ where we do a volunteer shift every week.  They all say "Trump 2020."  I wear them when I have to (like to go into a store), so it's my little act of defiance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: