Author Topic: George Floyd death: Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin posts $1M bail, released from jail  (Read 1126 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Floyd death: Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin posts $1M bail, released from jail
Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder, manslaughter

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

The former Minneapolis police officer seen in the viral video kneeling on the neck of George Floyd before his death in police custody posted a $1 million bond and was released Wednesday.

Derek Chauvin, who is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and manslaughter, was released from Oak Park Heights prison, where he had been held since May 31, a Minnesota Department of Corrections spokesperson confirmed to Fox 9 Minneapolis.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-floyd-minneapolis-police-officer-derek-chauvin-1m-bail-released
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Where is the ACLU saying that $1M bail is excessive?
The Republic is lost.

Offline RedHead

Where is the ACLU saying that $1M bail is excessive?

For murder charges?  What makes you think it's excessive?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

I never said it was. I was just wondering why the ACLU suddenly doesn't think so, mini-Chris Wallace.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Man had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his body and you think it's murder and not manslaughter
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:07:47 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Free Rittenhouse Free Rittenhouse!!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/10/07/former-mpd-officer-derek-chauvin-charged-in-george-floyds-death-expected-to-post-bail-source-says/

Chauvin’s $1 million bond comes with conditions: he can’t leave the state without written court approval, he’s to have no contact with Floyd’s family, he must remain law abiding and make future court appearances. According to state court records, Chauvin posted a non-cash bond guaranteed by Allegheny Casualty.

“He’s financially responsible for a small portion of it. They are the surety that’s on the hook if he were to violate it,” Rachel Moran, associate professor at St. Thomas School of Law, said. “He used a company out of Brainerd that appears to have gotten assurity from a bond insurance company in California. So it’s that bond insurance company in California that’s actually funding this and is on this hook if Chauvin were to somehow violate conditions of the bond.”

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Of course it's manslaughter, at best.  Heck, he could even be acquitted.   And then the politicized DA and city leadership will reap what they've sown - riots in the streets
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RedHead

I never said it was. I was just wondering why the ACLU suddenly doesn't think so, mini-Chris Wallace.

Why should the ACLU think it was excessive just because you do?

Offline RedHead

Man had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his body and you think it's murder and not manslaughter

Not me, the local prosecutor does.

And if you think he had a lethal dose of fentanyl in him then why do you think manslaughter charges would be justified?  Why not chalk it up as 'one of those things'?

Offline RedHead

Free Rittenhouse Free Rittenhouse!!

After the trial!  After the trial!

Offline RedHead

Of course it's manslaughter, at best.  Heck, he could even be acquitted.   And then the politicized DA and city leadership will reap what they've sown - riots in the streets

Or he could be convicted.  Anything can happen at a jury trial.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Why should the ACLU think it was excessive just because you do?

Because they recently said so.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RedHead

Because they recently said so.
On murder charges?  When?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
On murder charges?  When?

They didn't qualify their stance to murder.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Or he could be convicted.  Anything can happen at a jury trial.

That's why the leftists are demanding a trial, and also why you seem to think that's just grand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: