General Category > Economy/Business

Here’s how traders think the markets will react to the U.S. election,.....

<< < (9/10) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 14, 2020, 03:16:23 am ---I would be more likely to fight than many here. The difference being the cause. 

--- End quote ---

@roamer_1

No,the difference will be they will have to go looking for you in some cave up in the mountains.

Kinda late to start fighting after the "war" is over.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on October 14, 2020, 03:26:12 am ---@roamer_1

No,the difference will be they will have to go looking for you in some cave up in the mountains.

Kinda late to start fighting after the "war" is over.

--- End quote ---

Nah - Once my family is out of the way, I'll be back. Well within a mile of it or so.

Free Vulcan:
I just can't see the markets doing well with Biden, consdering the last downturn this spring was due to governors shutting down their states and grinding their economies to a halt.

With Biden that risk will be much more of a possible reality than with Trump, and that risk will be factored into the markets if he wins.

DB:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on October 13, 2020, 07:54:48 pm ---Ronald Reagan signed bills that increased the National Debt.  You should be against him?

--- End quote ---

We've gone exponentially past that deficit spending... Ending the cold war was expensive but it would have been much more expensive to continue. What war are we trying to win with the current level of deficit spending? What's the return on that spending?

We're committing national suicide. The only offered choice is how fast.

DB:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on October 14, 2020, 03:33:33 am ---I just can't see the markets doing well with Biden, consdering the last downturn this spring was due to governors shutting down their states and grinding their economies to a halt.

With Biden that risk will be much more of a possible reality than with Trump, and that risk will be factored into the markets if he wins.

--- End quote ---

The market goes up when government spends like a banshee because the currency is devalued. I learned that the hard way under Obama. As it is devalued it takes more money to purchase things, including stocks. So the markets going up can be an illusion of positive progress when in fact is the falling of the dollar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version