Author Topic: US Army and USAF to jointly develop battlefield network, called CJADC2  (Read 184 times)

rangerrebew

US Army and USAF to jointly develop battlefield network, called CJADC2

By Garrett Reim2 October 2020

The US Army and the US Air Force (USAF) signed an agreement to jointly develop a battlefield communications network, called Combined Joint All-Domain Command and Control (CJADC2).

The military branches agreed to a two-year development collaboration, it was announced on 1 October.

The Department of Defense (DoD) wants all of the services to share information across a battlefield communications network, conceptually named Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2), enabling faster collaboration between a wide variety of military personnel and equipment, including soldiers, tanks, artillery, submarines, ships, satellites, aircraft and missiles.

In simplified terms, the Pentagon wants to quickly overwhelm an adversary by hitting them with the full force of all the services simultaneously. The DoD also wants to shorten the time between spotting a target and striking through intra-service collaboration.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/us-army-and-usaf-to-jointly-develop-battlefield-network-called-cjadc2/140450.article

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: US Army and USAF to jointly develop battlefield network, called CJADC2
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 03:18:57 pm »
I don't get it.

All you need to do to be able to communicate with another organization is to know what radio frequency they are operating on. You tune your radio to that frequency,and THERE YOU ARE!

How could it possibly be simpler than that?

Hell,I was just a little guy with a radio in the jungles of Laos or Cambodia,and I had no trouble at all talking with Navy or USAF aircraft flying overhead or in the immediate area (varying miles,depending on the terrain).

Now they don't even have to be overhead because everything bounces off satellites.

Is this just another excuse to spend  more money on defense contracts so General officers can get board seats?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:21:02 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!