Author Topic: WHAT’S IN A WAR PLAN?  (Read 179 times)

rangerrebew

WHAT’S IN A WAR PLAN?
« on: October 05, 2020, 12:02:32 pm »
WHAT’S IN A WAR PLAN?
By Michael Loftus September 24, 2020

A war plan develops a concept to win a war militarily and politically; it is the detailed ways and means of an overarching strategy.

The Department of Defense has no definition of “war plan” according to its own doctrine. There are the Unified Command Plan, campaign plans, theaters of war, and regional theater strategies. There is even a Global Integrated Base Plan. But there is no war plan for the U.S. military. The U.S. has had war plans before, and it needs to again. Developed between World Wars I and II, the collective color plans, mobilization plans, and Rainbow  Plans considered operational, industrial, political, and civilian concerns. If we consider war to be a political act between two or more states, nations, or other polities, a war plan must consider the totality of those polities’ potential political objectives, industrial capabilities, and military options for the expected duration of the conflict. A war plan develops a concept to win a war militarily and politically; it is the detailed ways and means of an overarching strategy. A review of two historical examples of such planning offer approaches to overcome organizational and institutional obstacles to effective comprehensive war planning. These examples point to the value of what is sometimes called “Track II planning,” which is valuable in all cases, but is all the more important in preparing for potential future large-scale conflict.

https://warroom.armywarcollege.edu/articles/war-plan/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: WHAT’S IN A WAR PLAN?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 12:07:29 pm »
I knew it.

The Department of Defense has no definition of “war plan” according to its own doctrine.

This is one of those trick question things.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline AL

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 02:24:45 pm »
Only need one ...  Fight To WIN

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:29 pm »
"WHAT’S IN A WAR PLAN?"

All kinds of things, except...
... a guarantee of victory.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 11:06:53 pm »
Kill everyone.   Is that a bad plan. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.