Author Topic: Marine Corps activates first new base in nearly 70 years  (Read 605 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Corps activates first new base in nearly 70 years
« on: October 03, 2020, 09:37:04 am »
Philip Athey

With its Thursday activation, Marine Corps Base Camp Blaz, Guam, became the Corps' first new base since Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, Georgia, was founded in March 1952, according to a Marine Corps press release.

Camp Blaz will soon be the home of nearly 5,000 Marines of III Marine Expeditionary Force, currently based on Okinawa, Japan.

The Corps plans to relocate the Marines “in the first half of the 2020s,” according to the release.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2020/10/01/marine-corps-activates-first-new-base-in-nearly-70-years/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Marine Corps activates first new base in nearly 70 years
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 12:01:35 pm »
Philip Athey

With its Thursday activation, Marine Corps Base Camp Blaz, Guam, became the Corps' first new base since Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, Georgia, was founded in March 1952, according to a Marine Corps press release.

Camp Blaz will soon be the home of nearly 5,000 Marines of III Marine Expeditionary Force, currently based on Okinawa, Japan.

The Corps plans to relocate the Marines “in the first half of the 2020s,” according to the release.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2020/10/01/marine-corps-activates-first-new-base-in-nearly-70-years/

@rangerrebew

Many Okinawians have been trying to get the USMC booted off the island since at least the early 60's.
ESPECIALLY the black Marines,who had/have a horrible reputation for beating and raping Okinawan women.

At one time the US Government was refusing to turn them over to the Japanese Justice System for prosecution,but I know that stopped in the mid-60's for felonies because a friend of mine killed a Marine that pulled a knife on him in a bar fight,stabbed another Marine,and then killed the Okinawan bar owner that grabbed him from behind to try to subdue him.

The US military authorities that governed the island at that time immediately turned him over to the Okinawan courts for trial,and I heard he was found guilty and given a 20 year sentence in a Japanese prison,and the plan was to immediately arrest him when the Japanese released him,and put him on trial again under the US Code of Military Justice.

Which would be vacation time after being in a Japanese prison. The guards in a Japanese prison don't play any stupid reindeer games with the prisoners. If a prisoner doesn't bow when they walk past,they beat the snot out of him,and it's  perfectly legal.

I remember reading in the Stars and Strips a few different cases of black Marines (the Marines I read about beating and raping Japanese women were always black. Don't blame ME,blame THEM!) getting sentenced to long terms in Japanese maximum security prisons,and since the typical Japanese hates blacks anyhow,AND these blacks beat and raped Japanese women, you KNOW that was a tough sentence.

Seems like I ever read of a case in the 1970's where 3 or 4 black sailors off one of our carriers beat,raped,and killed a Japanese school girl,and were put on trial in Japan. Don't know what happened to them,but you can bet it was bad.

BTW,should have told you at the beginning,the Commanding General of US forces on Okinawa was also the Governor,and supreme legal authority on Okinawa. Even over the Okinawan's. This was still in effect in the 1960's.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:04:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!