Author Topic: CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender  (Read 438 times)

rangerrebew

CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender
Geoff Ziezulewicz

As the U.S. Navy continues its latest effort to increase diversity and inclusion in the ranks, the chief of naval personnel said this week that better representation doesn’t mean officers will be tapped for promotion based on their race or gender, in the name of checking off some diversity box.

Vice Adm. John Nowell made his remarks Wednesday at an event held by the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank, where he spoke about why Task Force One Navy — stood up this summer to assess Navy equality in response to the nationwide racial reflection prompted by the death of George Floyd in police custody — won’t be a token effort.

His remarks on promotions came at the end of the event, when a written question, sent in by someone who described himself or herself as a Black Navy officer, expressed concern about advancing in rank based solely on skin color.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/10/01/cnp-diversity-efforts-dont-mean-officers-will-promote-based-on-their-race-or-gender/

rangerrebew

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight.  If they want a favorable PC rating, they will have to. :pondering:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender
Geoff Ziezulewicz

@rangerrebew

Who says the Navy brass can't tell a funny every now and again?

There ain't NEVER been anybody more uptight and anal than Naval Officers,and they get worse as they rise in paygrades.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender"

And today, butterflies will fly out of my butt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender"...

Nonsense.
That's the ONLY thing "it means"...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"CNP: Diversity efforts don’t mean officers will promote based on their race or gender"

And today, butterflies will fly out of my butt.
I hope they aren't Queen Alexandra Birdwings, they would not tickle.