Author Topic: Presidential debate ratings plummet on broadcast networks  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Presidential debate ratings plummet on broadcast networks
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak 

I was still up last night and saw the news Hope HIcks had the virus.  I stayed up to see where that was going and notified people here as I learned more.
I am a member of TBR and allowed to post here.
I think it is pretty important information. How many palace coups have been carried out through 'medication'? I sincerely hope Trump has a doctor he can trust. Considering how much the communists have at stake, I really would not put anything past them. Thank you for keeping us notified of what you have hear.

As for the networks seeing a drop in viewership, even for a presidential debate, well I wouldn't want to listen to the ABCNNBCBS take on the discussion, and it appears even the Left doesn't want to watch that either. Better to get the raw data streaming on line and make up our own minds, like we did before the talking heads had to interpret everything right down to the meaning of "is".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:28 pm »
I think it is pretty important information. How many palace coups have been carried out through 'medication'? I sincerely hope Trump has a doctor he can trust. Considering how much the communists have at stake, I really would not put anything past them. Thank you for keeping us notified of what you have hear.

Dittos @Victoria33   happy77

As for the networks seeing a drop in viewership, even for a presidential debate, well I wouldn't want to listen to the ABCNNBCBS take on the discussion, and it appears even the Left doesn't want to watch that either. Better to get the raw data streaming on line and make up our own minds, like we did before the talking heads had to interpret everything right down to the meaning of "is".

Thankfully, and blissfully, I haven't watched a damn bit of it. Any of it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »
Dittos @Victoria33   happy77

Thankfully, and blissfully, I haven't watched a damn bit of it. Any of it.
And why would you, even if you were a Trumpophile? You know what the broadcast networks are going to say, and you wouldn't want to hear that anyway, so watch the debate on the internet and bypass those knee jerk talking heads with some of your own, or none at all.

All it tells me is that the former lock the networks had on disseminating information has suffered a serious hit, not that no one watched.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 01:49:40 pm »
And why would you, even if you were a Trumpophile? You know what the broadcast networks are going to say, and you wouldn't want to hear that anyway, so watch the debate on the internet and bypass those knee jerk talking heads with some of your own, or none at all.

All it tells me is that the former lock the networks had on disseminating information has suffered a serious hit, not that no one watched.

Well yeah to all that, but I mean streaming and internet too... Everybody everywhere is pumping propaganda. It's all bull, no matter where you look. Real journalists are as rare as a white buffalo.

I mean I ain't paying any of it any mind. The truth lies dead in the streets.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:50:42 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 01:53:23 pm »
Well yeah to all that, but I mean streaming and internet too... Everybody everywhere is pumping propaganda. It's all bull, no matter where you look. Real journalists are as rare as a white buffalo.

I mean I ain't paying any of it any mind. The truth lies dead in the streets.
Every few years, though, there are white buffalo born...

The truth isn't dead in the streets, it's lurking in the shadows, watching from rooftops and high windows...and ultimately, found only in one place.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 02:01:10 pm »
Every few years, though, there are white buffalo born...

The truth isn't dead in the streets, it's lurking in the shadows, watching from rooftops and high windows...and ultimately, found only in one place.

That's right. broken cisterns holding no water... Why bother with it? It cannot serve it's purpose. Left, right, or sideways, it's all the same nonsense. So I will stick with the truth, and pay the rest no mind.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@mystery-ak 

I was still up last night and saw the news Hope HIcks had the virus.  I stayed up to see where that was going and notified people here as I learned more.
I am a member of TBR and allowed to post here.

Of course you are, @Victoria33

It's just that I haven't seen you on the board a lot lately, and noticed that YOU were the one awake at the time...YOU, who absolutely hate the man.

I couldn't help but 'see' the poop-eating grin on your face when you posted it.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 02:22:39 pm »
I want to see all the tapes of Air Force 1 while it was parked/being serviced/cleaned.

Too many people in his inner circle becoming "positive" at the same time indicates a dastardly deed.  :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 03:36:34 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Joe, I learned something about two medical words early this morning from a doctor.  Last night before the final word Trump had the virus, the docs were saying he and Melania were "quarantined".  When it was announced they had it, they were then "isolated".  I just had not thought of the difference between those two words.  You are quarantined if you have been close to someone with it - but if you have it, you are "isolated".

Therefore, both Melania and Trump are "isolated", and I assume that means each one is isolated from the other.  Then there is the son, Barron.  There is no word if he has been tested but surely he has been and we don't know if he has it or not; however, since both parents are isolated by themselves, he would be "quarantined" until getting test results and if he has it, he is now "isolated" from everyone.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:37:24 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 03:40:33 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I also saw on TV this morning, the Republican National Committee Chairman, a woman, also has the virus.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 03:45:06 pm »
Of course you are, @Victoria33

It's just that I haven't seen you on the board a lot lately, and noticed that YOU were the one awake at the time...YOU, who absolutely hate the man.

I couldn't help but 'see' the poop-eating grin on your face when you posted it.   :laugh:

I was up, and montiored the Twitter feed as it was breaking.  Much of it has been scrubbed, but some of the comments were so far over the line,  I commented that this level of vitriol will ultimately soon result in a Civil War.  I still believe that.  These (1000's of them) left leaning pukes are living breathing rabid foam in the mouth zombies.  We are beyond the point of no return. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 05:12:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 03:54:46 pm »
Of course you are, @Victoria33  It's just that I haven't seen you on the board a lot lately, and noticed that YOU were the one awake at the time...YOU, who absolutely hate the man. I couldn't help but 'see' the poop-eating grin on your face when you posted it.   :laugh:
@DCPatriot
@mystery-ak 

I have never said I hate Trump; those are your words.  Based on my study of human behavior and psychological testing and counseling for 30 years, I believe he has two Personality Disorders and so do other mental health workers and two books have been written by psychiatrists, psychologists and psychological examiners, documenting his behaviors that qualify him to have those personality disorders as I have also evaluated his behaviors.

I have been on the board reading "every day", "every day", "every day", and posting when I had/have information.

I will place you on Ignore now so I won't read your "hateful" "personal" attacks on me.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 03:58:29 pm »
I was up, and montiored the Twitter feed as it was breaking.  Much of it has been scubbed, but some of the comments were so far over the line,  I commented that this level of vitriol will ultimately soon result in a Civil War.  I still believe that.  These (1000's of them) left leaning pukes are living breathing rabid foam in the mouth zombies.  We are beyond the point of no return.
@catfish1957

I don't do twitter; going to send you a PM about that.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2020, 05:00:21 pm »
@mystery-ak

Someone said he had not seen me on the board lately.
I told you this some time ago that I keep TBR on all day:
I have a small computer on the kitchen table.  When I come in kitchen in the morning, I click on the coffee maker, then I sit at kitchen table and come here to TBR, to read the news.  I keep TBR on line all day and catch up on news frequently.

I post here when I have information - and I also make a monthly donation to TBR.  I started that money when I first came here.  You know you can count on that money every month.

For the last several months, I have made many "long" posts about election law.  Perhaps the person who thinks I haven't been here much, does not care/read about election law.

Anyway, I am here and going to be here and will report when other elected officials get the virus - hopefully, no more will.  The closer we get to election day, there will be more election complaints of the election system.  I will respond to them with election law facts.

Thank you for TBR.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:50 pm »
BARRON TRUMP DOES NOT HAVE THE VIRUS.  HEARD THAT AT 12:08 PM, FRIDAY, OCT. 2.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
BARRON TRUMP DOES NOT HAVE THE VIRUS.  HEARD THAT AT 12:08 PM, FRIDAY, OCT. 2.

That is good news. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 06:49:35 pm »
---------------------------------
An observation and query directed to the site Moderator!!!
A poster, Victoria 33, made a simple factual observation about Trump & Melania
testing positive for this Virus and another poster responded as follows:
"I couldn't help but see the 'POOP-EATING GRIN' on your face when you posted it."
Such abusive, insulting and vulgar language is the chronic and compulsive norm
from this individual 24/7/365 and never draws any admonition.
So the question is begged???
ER.................EXACTLY WHAT IS IT THAT YOU MODERATE?????

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »
@DCPatriot
@mystery-ak 

I have never said I hate Trump; those are your words.  Based on my study of human behavior and psychological testing and counseling for 30 years, I believe he has two Personality Disorders and so do other mental health workers and two books have been written by psychiatrists, psychologists and psychological examiners, documenting his behaviors that qualify him to have those personality disorders as I have also evaluated his behaviors.

I have been on the board reading "every day", "every day", "every day", and posting when I had/have information.

I will place you on Ignore now so I won't read your "hateful" "personal" attacks on me.

@Victoria33

WHOA there, Dr. Ratched!! 

Your posts over time tell us otherwise.  You certainly do 'Hate' the President.

As far as your clinical diagnosis goes....if somebody comes to you as a patient and tries to convince you they are not nervous or obsessive compulsive...having bitten their fingernails down to the quick 'tells' you otherwise.

Far as placing me on "ignore"?  Whatever floats your raft, dear.    :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2020, 06:52:39 pm »
"I couldn't help but see the 'POOP-EATING GRIN' on your face when you posted it."

Lighten up, Francis.

And if you're going to quote me, have the proper forum etiquette and ping me, please?

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:07 pm »

Another observation.   Shouldn't questioning the moderation of this forum (which you are doing) be done via PM....

vs. in the open forum?
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2020, 05:17:22 am »
Another observation.   Shouldn't questioning the moderation of this forum (which you are doing) be done via PM....

vs. in the open forum?

@Absalom  has a very valid point.

@Victoria33  I highly respect. As well as @Absalom.

@When @txradioguy  pissed @EdinVA  to leave the forum want right.

Wingnut posted a raunch. Completely missed the context of my reply and blocked me.

Whatever.

I get raunchy. I get pissed. My take on this forum is none of you here are too stupid to self moderate.

When that don't work then yeah, you DESERVE Mod1

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2020, 02:58:59 am »
Absalom has a very valid point.
Victoria33, I highly respect. As well as Absalom.
When txradioguy pissed member EdinVA to leave, the forum went right.
Wingnut posted a raunch. Completely missed the context of my reply and blocked me.
Whatever. I get raunchy. I get pissed.
My take on this forum is none of you here are too stupid to self moderate.
When that don't work then yeah, you DESERVE Mod1
------------------------------------------
Fred, many thanks for your support.
Permit me a brief tale to give context to my earlier remark.
Very long ago, I lectured in Ancient History at Trinity (in Dublin).
Each year the Dept. Chair would address the Faculty & Students as follows:
"You will learn much about Greece & Rome that will provoke heated
discussion and debate, some very intense, and that is welcomed.
Yet when arguing, never lose sight of respect & reason by descending into
abuse, slander and vulgarity. Should this occur, you will no longer be welcomed."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2020, 03:25:43 pm »
Very long ago, I lectured in Ancient History at Trinity (in Dublin).

A lovely place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2020, 09:47:41 pm »

vs. in the open forum?

He's just going off the example set by others.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!