Author Topic: Will this man dare silence Donald? C-SPAN moderator Steve Scully  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will this man dare silence Donald? C-SPAN moderator Steve Scully will have to decide whether to cut President’s mic as Commission prepares to tell candidates to accept new rules or not turn up - but Chris Wallace says it won't stop Trump!

The next presidential debate may give moderator Steve Scully of C-SPAN the ability to turn off President Donald Trump's microphone
    Commission weighing new rules after first debate's chaos
    The presidential campaigns will be informed of the new rules but they will not be subject to negotiation
    Next presidential debate is October 15 in Miami
    It's a townhall style format with undecided voters posing questions
    Fox News' Chris Wallace, who moderated the first debate, said he feared even turning off Trump's microphone would not stop him from talking

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:20 EDT, 1 October 2020 | Updated: 14:37 EDT, 1 October 2020

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794321/Will-C-Span-moderator-Steve-Scully-mute-Donald-Trumps-mic-presidential-debate.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Will this man dare silence Donald? C-SPAN moderator Steve Scully
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:09:10 pm »
Another fair debate...How can this man be objective???

Steve Scully from C-span used to work for Biden..also worked for Ted Kennedy...

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 07:19:32 pm »
I was hoping some sharp TBR member would pick up on this.  @mystery-ak

Convenient, huh? But, I’m willing to give Scully the opportunity to show us he’s a right down the line moderator. At least he’s not a prima Donna network news anchor. So there’s a chance.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 07:28:42 pm »
@mystery-ak

I have read the Debate Commission (think that is their name/whatever), is definitely considering giving the moderator the ability to shut off the mic of one who goes over his two minute time.  So, if this Scully does that, he would not be helping one side and not the other; after two minutes, cut off the mike no matter which it is.

I had not thought of Trump not stopping after his mike is cut off.  In that case, would not just the people on stage and a row or two in there be the only ones who could hear him???

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 07:32:42 pm »
@mystery-ak

I have read the Debate Commission (think that is their name/whatever), is definitely considering giving the moderator the ability to shut off the mic of one who goes over his two minute time.  So, if this Scully does that, he would not be helping one side and not the other; after two minutes, cut off the mike no matter which it is.

I had not thought of Trump not stopping after his mike is cut off.  In that case, would not just the people on stage and a row or two in there be the only ones who could hear him???

Knowing Trump he’ll have a megaphone at his side.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 07:37:58 pm »
Knowing Trump he’ll have a megaphone at his side.
@aligncare

Thanks for your comment.  How about a gag put in his mouth after his two minutes?  Or put him in a sound proof room and lock the door.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 07:49:08 pm »
This election has been rigged to the most minute detail.

The coup is unstoppable and like a runaway train. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 09:43:28 pm »
Gee, let's lay odds that this guy would EVER cut off Joe Biden.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 09:46:28 pm »
@mystery-ak

You assume it will be applied equally. I make no such assumptions. Biden interrupted many times Tuesday with very few reprimands.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 09:50:30 pm »
@aligncare

Thanks for your comment.  How about a gag put in his mouth after his two minutes?  Or put him in a sound proof room and lock the door.

It would have been nice if Malice and Biden hadn't kept talking over Trump attempting to answer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 09:58:27 pm »
Donald trump paid for that microphone Mr. Scully.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 10:52:00 pm »
You assume it will be applied equally. I make no such assumptions. Biden interrupted many times Tuesday with very few reprimands.

Biden, and Wallace, in that order, were the first to interrupt in Tuesday night's 'debate'. Trump took his cue from them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 12:15:38 am »
Biden, and Wallace, in that order, were the first to interrupt in Tuesday night's 'debate'. Trump took his cue from them.

And he was correct to do so, Skeets.  It may piss off Malice and Biteme, but who cares?  At least they know Trump will step on them when they lie.  If they really do decide to physically cut Trump's mic (they won't cut Sloe Joe's), then Trump will either refuse to "debate," or he'll bring his own bullhorn.  He will be heard whether they like it or not.
I will NOT comply.