Author Topic: The Juke Box  (Read 342405 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Juke Box
« Reply #2675 on: October 08, 2014, 11:39:05 pm »
And now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODQZepgE0U
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #2676 on: October 09, 2014, 01:50:07 am »

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #2677 on: October 09, 2014, 01:52:32 am »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2678 on: October 09, 2014, 11:39:17 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2679 on: October 10, 2014, 03:14:46 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2680 on: October 10, 2014, 03:21:15 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2681 on: October 10, 2014, 03:25:40 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJnlAHVUfU

Thank you Much! My favorite Band. My Favorite British Invasion Song!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2682 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:22 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMtV5Z2csw

They've STILL got "it".

Sadly, they don't. Gordon Waller died last year. And, interestingly, since you posted "Needles and Pins" before  "I Go to Pieces", Del Shannon offered "I Go To Pieces" to The Searchers first  [they, and Peter and Gordon were on tour with him]. The Searchers passed on it [a bad habit, Lennon and McCartney offered them "Things We Said Today", but pulled it when they learned it wouldn't be an 'A' side], and Peter and Gordon snapped it up.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2683 on: October 10, 2014, 03:34:30 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2684 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:35 am »
Sadly, they don't. Gordon Waller died last year. And, interestingly, since you posted "Needles and Pins" before  "I Go to Pieces", Del Shannon offered "I Go To Pieces" to The Searchers first  [they, and Peter and Gordon were on tour with him]. The Searchers passed on it [a bad habit, Lennon and McCartney offered them "Things We Said Today", but pulled it when they learned it wouldn't be an 'A' side], and Peter and Gordon snapped it up.
Wow...didn't know that.

I was just watching them as young guys...and found the live version as seasoned citizens...and thought they still sounded great.

Many times the quality of the videos of live performances back in the 60's are lacking...so I try to find a crisper version.

Thanks for the info.   :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2685 on: October 10, 2014, 03:47:42 am »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2686 on: October 10, 2014, 03:48:36 am »
Wow...didn't know that.

I was just watching them as young guys...and found the live version as seasoned citizens...and thought they still sounded great.

Many times the quality of the videos of live performances back in the 60's are lacking...so I try to find a crisper version.

Thanks for the info.   :beer:

I just saw a "50th Anniversary British Invasion Tour". Chad and Jeremy looked [and sounded ] really good. Terry Sylvester [former Swinging Blue Jean, former Holly], couldn't sing the high part anymore. Mike Pender [he left the Searchers in '85] had white hair [he's 73], but played the hell out of the 12 string Rick, and sang a bunch of the hits [including "Needles and Pins" which was written by Sonny Buono and Jack Nitzche].

Other British Invasion guys who've died: Freddy Marsden, Gerry's brother and drummer on the Pacemakers, Tony Jackson [bass] and Chris Curtis [drums] from The Searchers, Freddy Garrity [Freddy and the Dreamers], Mike Smith [lead singer, DC5],the sax player [can't remember his name], DC5, Alan Blakely [Tremeloes].

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2687 on: October 10, 2014, 03:52:58 am »
I just saw a "50th Anniversary British Invasion Tour". Chad and Jeremy looked [and sounded ] really good. Terry Sylvester [former Swinging Blue Jean, former Holly], couldn't sing the high part anymore. Mike Pender [he left the Searchers in '85] had white hair [he's 73], but played the hell out of the 12 string Rick, and sang a bunch of the hits [including "Needles and Pins" which was written by Sonny Buono and Jack Nitzche].

Other British Invasion guys who've died: Freddy Marsden, Gerry's brother and drummer on the Pacemakers, Tony Jackson [bass] and Chris Curtis [drums] from The Searchers, Freddy Garrity [Freddy and the Dreamers], Mike Smith [lead singer, DC5],the sax player [can't remember his name], DC5, Alan Blakely [Tremeloes].

:beer:  Good stuff, PzLdr! 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2688 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:23 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2689 on: October 10, 2014, 11:48:42 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2690 on: October 10, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2691 on: October 10, 2014, 11:54:37 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2692 on: October 11, 2014, 12:01:01 am »
Seriously? the Beatles? You must be like 100 and 4 years old.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2693 on: October 11, 2014, 12:14:58 am »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2694 on: October 11, 2014, 12:19:32 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2696 on: October 11, 2014, 01:06:42 am »
My goodness. What a great perfomance. I am dumbfounded. I do not know what to say. Other than, Thank you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2697 on: October 12, 2014, 01:31:53 am »

Offline DCPatriot

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2699 on: October 12, 2014, 04:08:15 am »