Author Topic: Voters 'felt like nobody won' the first presidential debate: pollster Lee Carter  (Read 126 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Voters 'felt like nobody won' the first presidential debate: pollster Lee Carter

Lee Carter reveals what voters thought of some key moments during the first presidential debate

By Talia Kaplan | Fox News

Voters, for the most part, “felt like nobody won” the first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, pollster Lee Carter told “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday.

“When I asked who they thought won last night, a third said Biden, a third said Trump and a third said no one,” Carter told host Steve Doocy.

“I’ve never seen a third of people who watched a debate think no one won and I think that was the general sentiment of independent voters, I think that was the general sentiment of people who were undecided.”

She went on to say, “I think if you were already shored up on Trump, you thought you’d see the best in him. If you’re shored up on Biden, you saw the best of him, but for the most part, I think people really felt like nobody won last night.”

Carter, the president of Maslansky & Partners, broadcast her "voter dials," which assessed the real-time reactions to the first presidential debate from voters across the political spectrum, rating candidates' statements from A to F.

Carter said voters analyzed the moment when Biden said, “I'm the Democratic Party right now” when talking about health care.

During Tuesday night’s debate Biden said, “One of the big debates we had with 23 of my colleagues trying to win the nomination that I won were saying that Biden wanted to allow people to have private insurance still. They can. They do. They will under my proposal.”

Trump hit back, “That’s not what you said and that’s not what your party has said.”

“That is simply a lie,” Biden responded.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/voters-first-presidential-debate-pollster
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34