Author Topic: Republicans fret over Trump's self-inflicted blows at first debate  (Read 1561 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Republicans fret over Trump's self-inflicted blows at first debate
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 04:46:44 pm »
Nothing to worry about. These are the same "collegiate,go along to get along" RINO's they have always been. They have a sweet gig going sharing government money with their Dim friends,and Trump is rocking their boat and scaring them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 04:48:43 pm »
Rush is saying the same thing..

@mystery-ak

Then Rush is full of crap because he would have been able to repeat the "speeches" he had been rehearsing for weeks.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 04:51:49 pm »
Then the pain you and yours experience for a generation will be self-inflicted.  The only pity is you'll take the rest of us into hell with you.

You get zero virtue signaling points for this.

@Jazzhead @Right_in_Virginia

SPOT ON!  888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »
So you’re not going to support him because you don’t like his style, even though you like the substance of his presidency.

This is why America is screwed. Too many people have thrown their intellect into neutral because their sensitivities have been offended.

@skeeter

"Feelings"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 05:26:27 pm »
Sure, @skeeter,  I'll keep an open mind.   But maybe I'll just split my votes this year and cast my mail-in ballot for Trump and my in-person ballot for Jorgensen.   happy77
thats not funny. 888high58888

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 06:06:59 pm »
“Republicans” fretting is probably a good thing. Trump has managed to built a coalition of voters that cut across party and ideological lines. Trump’s presidency—specifically his personality—has helped to rebrand the GOP as the party that cares for the little guy—you know, the deplorables. Trump will draw votes from people who have never even considered voting for a Republican before. Unaffiliated voters, disaffected democrats, blacks, women, union members, they will all be voting for Trump, the Republican, in bigger numbers than expected.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 12:48:15 am »
dfw wrote:
"Don't underestimate the importance of the Pence/Harris debate,  this will be the introduction of Harris to most people.  And they realize that there's a good chance if Biden gets elected she will become POTUS.   Pence must destroy her."

He won't.
Mr. Pence hasn't got the killer instinct in him.
I predict that he'll be polite to a fault.
On point as much as he can be, but... polite.

It's not so much Harris' future that is at stake here. We know that if she loses this time, like the terminator, "she'll be back".

It's Pence's potential as a future candidate that will be made or broken in the debate. Does he have what it takes to be a successor to Mr. Trump...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 01:13:10 am »
dfw wrote:
"Don't underestimate the importance of the Pence/Harris debate,  this will be the introduction of Harris to most people.  And they realize that there's a good chance if Biden gets elected she will become POTUS.   Pence must destroy her."

He won't.
Mr. Pence hasn't got the killer instinct in him.
I predict that he'll be polite to a fault.
On point as much as he can be, but... polite.

It's not so much Harris' future that is at stake here. We know that if she loses this time, like the terminator, "she'll be back".

It's Pence's potential as a future candidate that will be made or broken in the debate. Does he have what it takes to be a successor to Mr. Trump...?

Short answer:  No.  Longer answer:  Nope.  Pence will never be President.  Trump may have blown his successor by not getting fresh blood.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 01:48:57 am »
...coaching and constructive criticism, Trump's problems are fixable...

Indeed, but the deeper problem with Trump is that he won't accept coaching or constructive criticism because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, but isn't smart enough to know that even were that true, self-awareness is usually every person's short suit and what others see is valuable for correcting that lack.

Someone needs to get Napoleon's dictum, "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake," into Trump's head -- it's at least as true on the debate stage as it is on the battlefield.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 02:28:40 am »
   If the other 3 Chief's of Staff couldn't handle Trump, I sure didn't expect Mark Meadows to make a difference here.
   Trump is gonna be Trump!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 02:35:04 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.