Author Topic: The Reason Why This U.S. Navy Destroyer Flies a Pirate Flag  (Read 154 times)

rangerrebew

The Reason Why This U.S. Navy Destroyer Flies a Pirate Flag
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:05:13 pm »

The Reason Why This U.S. Navy Destroyer Flies a Pirate Flag

You usually don't see warships rocking the Jolly Roger.
By Kyle Mizokami   
Sep 25, 2020

The guided missile destroyer USS Kidd was recently spotted flying a Jolly Roger flag.
    The flag is a nod to Rear Admiral Kidd’s nickname, “Cap,” itself a reference to the notorious Captain Kidd the pirate.
    The Navy destroyer is adorned with the skull and crossbones of the Jolly Roger, from the flag to steel doors.

Keen observers spotted the guided missile destroyer USS Kidd earlier this week flying the Jolly Roger pirate flag. Not every warship can get away with flying a flag associated with piracy and lawlessness, but the USS Kidd isn't any ordinary warship. The story, as The War Zone explains, goes all the way back to Pearl Harbor.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a34147216/why-us-navy-destroyer-flies-jolly-roger-pirate-flag/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Reason Why This U.S. Navy Destroyer Flies a Pirate Flag
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 05:37:09 pm »
I was on a ship that flew the Jolly Roger.
We were going through the "Shellback Ritual" at the time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Re: The Reason Why This U.S. Navy Destroyer Flies a Pirate Flag
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:41:33 pm »
All they found of Adm Kidd following the attack was his Annapolis class ring, fused by the heat to the top of the battle conning room.