Author Topic: Democrats risk voter backlash with continued anti-Catholic attacks on Amy Coney Barrett  (Read 141 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Democrats risk voter backlash with continued anti-Catholic attacks on Amy Coney Barrett

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/amy-coney-barrett-faces-anti-catholic-attacks-could-backfire-against-dems

Even before President Trump selected Amy Coney Barrett on Saturday to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by Justice Ruth Ginsburg, the federal appeals court judge already received attacks against her deeply-held Christian beliefs. However, these anti-Catholic attacks could backfire against Democrats with religious voters during the November election.

Barrett belongs to People of Praise, a South Bend, Ind.–based, nationwide charismatic Christian community of Christian churches from various denominations, though membership is predominately Catholic. Critics in the media are upset that women in the group referred to themselves as “handmaids,” a Biblical reference to Jesus' mother Mary who called herself a "handmaid of the Lord."
Carrie Severino, president of the Judicial Crisis Network and a devout Catholic, told Just the News that anti-Christian attacks against Barrett could hurt Democrats by galvanizing voters who believe in religious freedom.

"I don't think religious bigotry, is something the American people want to see," Severino said. "And I think that the Democrats would be wrong to go down that route, and I think the American people will reject that.
Severino noted an incident in 2018 when Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) raised concerns about federal judicial nominee Brian Buescher's membership in the Knights of Columbus.

I would not mind being proved wrong, but I think the chances the Dems will take this tack are greater than the chances they won't.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It just does not matter what they do, they will pay dearly for their IDIOCY!!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I suspect there are going to be a lot of Dim voters,dim as they are,start to wonder why the DNC can't criticize Muslims,but it's open season on Catholics.

I'm not a Catholic,but if I were,I suspect I wouldn't like that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!