Author Topic: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT  (Read 4869 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2020, 11:41:34 pm »
One more thing. You can take all the wisdom of the sages of the ages. Put it in a heart shaped box and light it afire then send it out to sea.

A- Viking.

Lets live our own lives. Make our choices. Heaven. Or Hell.

And LIVE with those choices.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2020, 11:48:11 pm »
Honor and integrity are attributes that Democrats do not believe in.  Don't you find it a bit disingenuous for them to apply them to Trump?
----------------------------------
Simply repeating the wisdom of Heraclitus; those
w/o character merely incriminate themselves.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2020, 11:52:18 pm »

Is that one of those a hand in the cookie jar things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2020, 12:03:17 am »

Who is the one incriminated here?  The person who said he couldn't discuss his tax returns because he was under audit?  Or the person who committed a felony by stealing them and giving them to the NYTimes?  Or maybe its the people who have been lying about Trump profiting off his White House job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RedHead

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2020, 12:06:26 am »
Is there an income level at which you don't have to pay SSI or Medicare? And does it matter if you are self-employed?]

The FICA maximum for 2020 is $137,700.  I don't think there's a Medicare maximum.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2020, 12:15:42 am »
The FICA maximum for 2020 is $137,700.  I don't think there's a Medicare maximum.

Thanks. Because of my great fortune I have to work until I die. Maybe longer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2020, 12:41:06 am »
@Absalom

Listen up...

If we of the great unwashed in Conservative circles had followed your advice....YOUR so-called words of 'wisdom',
Hillary Clinton would be making her THIRD nomination to the Supreme Court.

Put a cork in it.
And yet she's still a free woman, not locked up like she should be.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2020, 02:22:37 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong... but this is carry-over losses and is fairly common in real-estate correct? It's very subject to the whims of the market.
Exactly....  I've done so myself numerous times....

Offline corbe

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2020, 03:02:22 am »
   This is exactly what Trump expended so much precious political capital on his last campaign on: keeping his taxes quiet.  He knew it would expose his flanks and open him to further ridicule and a loss of needed votes. 
   Trump will get through this one, IMHO, what I'm apprehensive about is the next 10 scandals they come up with in the next 30+ days. 
   Stormy and Karen are bound to show up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2020, 03:41:08 am »
Trump could put this one to bed easily at the debate, ex0l!ining how much taxes were actually pretty paid and the question will come up. But I don't have confidence in the way he preps for questions like this.  We'll see.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Absalom

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2020, 03:51:12 am »
Trump could put this one to bed easily at the debate, ex0l!ining how much taxes were actually pretty paid and the question will come up. But I don't have confidence in the way he preps for questions like this.  We'll see.
------------------------------
The only creature Trump attempts to put to bed, is the likes of Stormy Daniels,
Try getting real.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2020, 04:06:56 am »
Democrats have always depended on votes of the stupid, ignorant, and mentally unbalanced.
Hmm............. well they sure have a lot in common w/the Republicrats!!!

Offline corbe

« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2020, 04:09:22 am »
    You never seem to give him any credit @Absalom  Can you imagine how difficult it would be, the mental gymnastics, for a known Germaphobe to sleep with a p0rn star :shrug: 
    Anyone with half a brain knew we weren't electing a moral man of character in 2016 but here we are 4 years later and Trump is the only thing we Conservatives have in this fight against a more rapid disintegration of this experiment we call a Constitutional Republic. 
   Unless your a believer in it's time to water this Tree of Liberty he's all we got. 
   If we all survive I'll be a happy camper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2020, 04:22:12 am »
You never seem to give him any credit @Absalom  Can you imagine how difficult it would be, the mental gymnastics, for a known Germaphobe to sleep with a p0rn star :shrug: 
Anyone with half a brain knew we weren't electing a moral man of character in 2016 but here we are 4 years later and Trump is the only thing we Conservatives have in this fight against a more rapid disintegration of this experiment we call a Constitutional Republic. 
Unless your a believer in it's time to water this Tree of Liberty he's all we got.  If we all survive I'll be a happy camper.
-----------------------------
Respectfully,
* Credit for what??? His achievements wouldn't fill the bottom rung of a thimble!
* Trump ain't a Principled Conservative, a word he couldn't even spell!
* We lost our vision as a nation/people more than a century ago which is why
   buffoon Trump and clown Biden are contesting POTUS!

Offline corbe

« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2020, 04:29:55 am »
   I wouldn't attempt to refute any of your points @Absalom
   My contention is about NOW, what now? 
   We are all political slaves to this corrupt 2 party system and it has failed us miserably for decades.
   If not Trump, what choice do we have?   :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2020, 04:49:48 am »
-----------------------------

* Trump ain't a Principled Conservative, a word he couldn't even spell!

You're here day in and day out pimping for Joe Biden ... and YOU'RE passing judgment on the President's conservatism?  You are the laugh gift that keeps on giving --- bless your heart.

:laughingdog:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2020, 04:56:04 am »
------------------------------
The only creature Trump attempts to put to bed, is the likes of Stormy Daniels,

You sure have an obsession with this media daydream ... which begs a question:  Are you wishing you were Stormy or the President in this, your favorite fantasy?

Offline corbe

« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2020, 05:03:43 am »
You're here day in and day out pimping for Joe Biden ... and YOU'RE passing judgment on the President's conservatism?  You are the laugh gift that keeps on giving --- bless your heart.

:laughingdog:

I don't figure it that way @Right_in_Virginia I have been absent of late, but I just don't see @Absalom as being a biden guy, a Trump disliker, yes, no doubt.
   Who is being judgmental and casting aspersions?   

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2020, 05:06:15 am »

@Right_in_Virginia I have been absent of late,

Just leave it there.

Offline corbe

« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2020, 05:19:50 am »
   I do have a tendency to Ramble On, at times @Right_in_Virginia

Offline RedHead

« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2020, 10:57:53 am »

Without releasing the supporting documentation who would believe him?

Offline verga

« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2020, 11:28:35 am »
Exactly...and please don't make fun of Biden..let the viewers see for themselves.
I so think Trump should bring up Hunter and the whole family involved in corruption.
My single fear is that he will go into full attack mode and look like he is beating up on a tired old man, garnering a lot of sympathy for slo Joe.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2020, 11:39:05 am »
My single fear is that he will go into full attack mode and look like he is beating up on a tired old man, garnering a lot of sympathy for slo Joe.

This is for the most important job in the world.  Weak men not allowed. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2020, 11:50:13 am »

I'm lighting a candle in front of my Infant of Prague praying that Slo-Joe loses his composure and drools....or sh*ts his pants or something.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RedHead

« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2020, 11:53:20 am »

If he goes after Biden personally or after Hunter Biden then it will be at the expense of not answering the question before him.  That's not going to play well.