Author Topic: As Romney and Murkowski back SCOTUS confirmation vote, Dems are giving up and focusing on demonizing  (Read 265 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 23, 2020
As Romney and Murkowski back SCOTUS confirmation vote, Dems are giving up and focusing on demonizing yes-voting senators up for re-election
By Thomas Lifson

Mitt Romney’s announcement that he will vote on President Trump’s nominee to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court “based on their qualifications” is getting plenty of media attention. But for some reason, Alaska’s Lisa Murkowski’s much more surprising announcement that she can’t rule out voting for a nominee, reversing her position last week that she would not vote on a nominee before Inauguration Day, is getting no MSM attention at all, according to Google:

Google screen grab 0743 AM EDT, 9 23/20

Senator Murkowski told Alaska Public Media yesterday:

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘will you confirm the nominee?’” she said outside the Capitol, as her Republican colleagues were gathering for their weekly policy lunch. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/as_romney_and_murkowski_back_scotus_confirmation_vote_dems_are_giving_up_and_focusing_on_demonizing_yesvoting_senators_up_for_reelection.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Maybe "Murder Turtle" is finally cracking the whip.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the end it really is all the Rats have left in their bag.  Foster hate and division. Start a race war and destroy America. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I just don't read in Murkowski's comments that she has changed her stance toward voting prior to the election.  Is there another quote somewhere that backs up the article title?

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘will you confirm the nominee?’” she said outside the Capitol, as her Republican colleagues were gathering for their weekly policy lunch. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just don't read in Murkowski's comments that she has changed her stance toward voting prior to the election.  Is there another quote somewhere that backs up the article title?

She went from "No way" to "Maybe."  Just a politician politicking. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

She went from "No way" to "Maybe."  Just a politician politicking. :shrug:
The only No Way was the timing. I see nothing in her comments regarding the timing.

So the headline is just sensationalizing things and inaccurate on what transpired.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Mitt Romney’s announcement that he will vote on President Trump’s nominee to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court “based on their qualifications” is getting plenty of media attention.

@mystery-ak

PLEASE note that Romney did not say HOW he would vote.

As always,the devil is in the details,and
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

PLEASE note that Romney did not say HOW he would vote.

As always,the devil is in the details,and

Correct, and these two are snakes in the grass.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

Murkowski has never received 50% of the vote.  The Alaska GOP should recruit a challenger in the midterms and be rid of her once and for all. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Murkowski has never received 50% of the vote.  The Alaska GOP should recruit a challenger in the midterms and be rid of her once and for all.

The last time that happened, Murkowski defeated a TEA Party candidate with a write-in vote.  Alaska doesn't have a sore loser law.
I will NOT comply.

The last time that happened, Murkowski defeated a TEA Party candidate with a write-in vote.  Alaska doesn't have a sore loser law.
And she won the primary and election the next time around.

Always wondered why Palin didn't run against her.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe "Murder Turtle" is finally cracking the whip.

McConnell has been pretty damn good at herding these cats .... especially during impeachment and for judge confirmations.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
McConnell has been pretty damn good at herding these cats .... especially during impeachment and for judge confirmations.

Agree.  McConnell has done more in the past 3 years than in all the years he's served leading up to 2017.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

NOT going to happen. Murkowski is a big name up in there.