Author Topic: Michael Moore Urges Pelosi to Shut Down Government to Block GOP from Filling Ginsburg’s Seat  (Read 655 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Moore Urges Pelosi to Shut Down Government to Block GOP from Filling Ginsburg’s Seat

Warner Todd Huston 20 Sep 2020

Documentary filmmaker and hard-left activist Michael Moore has suggested that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut down the U.S. government to prevent President Trump from filling the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Moore spent most of his September 20 podcast urging leftists and Democrat voters to rise up and speak out to prevent President Trump from fulfilling his promise to pick a Supreme Court justice to fill Ginsburg’s seat on the nation’s highest court. As he wrapped up his hour-long podcast, Moore turned to Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and urged her to refuse to pass the government’s budget to prevent the U.S. Senate from “having the funds” to continue operating.

“You have to do something that the Republicans have been doing for decades,” Moore said, addressing the Speaker. “For the first time… you have to block the continuing resolution that funds the government and just let it shut down,” Moore said of the bill to fund the government that will soon be hitting the House floor for a vote.

“Shut the whole damn thing down. Shut the government down, so they do not have the funds to try to ram through this person they want to get on the Supreme Court before Trump’s gone,” Moore said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/09/20/michael-moore-urges-pelosi-to-shut-down-government-to-block-gop-from-filling-ginsburgs-seat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey Mikey...I don't think Pelosi can shut down the Senate..only Mitch can do that..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sadly, Pelosi thinks she probably has the power.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sadly, Pelosi thinks she probably has the power.

She doesn't have that power, but she has the power of impeachment which she has threatened to use.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She doesn't have that power, but she has the power of impeachment which she has threatened to use.

How did that turn out for her?   She might be stupid but she ain't dumb.   Or is it, She might be dumb but she ain't stupid.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I hope she does. Pelosi thinks she going to go all Scarface right now and somehow prevail at the ballot box.

If the deal is done by January, there's nothing she can do. If she wants to impeach a woman and possibly a Hispanic woman for doing absolutely nothing, I dare her to step on that landmine.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The UGLY TRUTH for the Democommies is that there is NOTHING they can do.  The American people voted for a Republican POTUS and a Republican Senate.  They have every right to replace Justice Ginsberg, and they will.

Any Republican Senator that fails to support Trump's nominee will end their political career.  END IT!!!  No Pro-life person will vote for them ever again.  So if Romney the Rat decides to vote against the nominee, he will get primaried and defeated handily, even in Mormon Utah.

Trump has more leverage then ever in his entire presidency right this moment.  Assuming he picks a qualified candidate, and I have zero doubt, that candidate will be approved, and any Republican failing to rise up and support said candidate might as well resign now.   They would not get elected dogcatcher in the future.

This is the moment in time for America to right a wrong that was launched by seven Supreme Court justices, not a one of them elected, to condemn to death 60 million+ unborn babies, perhaps the greatest mass genocide in history.  At no time should any court body decide to condemn to death humans with a decision.

This single event will unify the Republican Party and enable them to win everything in November.  This will further prove the Democommies are an existential threat to this great nation and its people.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The UGLY TRUTH for the Democommies is that there is NOTHING they can do.  The American people voted for a Republican POTUS and a Republican Senate.  They have every right to replace Justice Ginsberg, and they will.

Any Republican Senator that fails to support Trump's nominee will end their political career.  END IT!!!  No Pro-life person will vote for them ever again.  So if Romney the Rat decides to vote against the nominee, he will get primaried and defeated handily, even in Mormon Utah.

Trump has more leverage then ever in his entire presidency right this moment.  Assuming he picks a qualified candidate, and I have zero doubt, that candidate will be approved, and any Republican failing to rise up and support said candidate might as well resign now.   They would not get elected dogcatcher in the future.

This is the moment in time for America to right a wrong that was launched by seven Supreme Court justices, not a one of them elected, to condemn to death 60 million+ unborn babies, perhaps the greatest mass genocide in history.  At no time should any court body decide to condemn to death humans with a decision.

This single event will unify the Republican Party and enable them to win everything in November.  This will further prove the Democommies are an existential threat to this great nation and its people.

I hope you are absolutely correct, though I don't think Collins or Murkowski are looking at this from that perspective, they are looking at it as the GOP stopped Bammy from seating Garland before the election.

As for Romney -- IF he looks at filling the justice seat as a chance to overturn Roe v Wade, I think he may get on board -- who knows with him -- will his hate for Trump prevent him from doing the right thing? 

Mike Lee was on the list of potential justices but he's been a disappointment with his liberal tendencies -- it's anyone's guess also what he'll do.  I think the rest of the GOP Senators will be onboard.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
Yes, Nancy, please shut down the House and go away.  Atta girl.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline RedHead

So what?  Nothing prevents an impeached president from appointing a new Supreme Court justice or the Senate from confirming them.

Offline verga

Still trying to figure out on what grounds she intends to do that.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

As Mad Maxine pointed out last year, nothing in the USC prevents the House from voting to impeach for anything or nothing. The USC says what should be, but does not forbid an abusive House from doing outside of what should be. Nor does the USC give Federal courts the authority to shut down impeachment abuse.

But as has been pointed out, Pelosi has the authority to hold an impeachment vote, send it over to the Senate, and then adjourn the House. She does not have the authority to shut down the Senate, forbid Trump submitting a nomination to the Senate, nor prevent the Senate from confirming the nominee. Moore's ignorance is on display.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

The same one they have always used. "Orange Man Bad".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Grossly corpulent Michael Moore is having a bad week.
Michael Moore Chastises Biden For Only Visiting ‘White Michigan,’ Avoiding ‘Black Michigan’
Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore warns Biden’s campaign they are at risk of losing his home state of Michigan
By Jarrett Staff

Liberal and controversial filmmaker Michael Moore warns vice president Biden’s campaign they are at risk of losing his home state of Michigan. While speaking to The Hill TV’s “Rising” Moore expressed his concern that Trump has already cut Biden’s lead “in half” since June. “The fact that Trump has narrowed the lead by 50 percent since June should have everyone screaming bloody murder,” said Moore.

Moore blames the drop in support of an insufficient “ground game.” “It’s actually worse than Hillary. At least there was a ground game, even though she didn’t show up” said Moore. By ground game, Moore means there were Hillary offices and campaign offices as well as aggressive door-to-door campaigning in many towns. ...
Gregg Jarrett
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Michael Moore,the fat,white,stupid Al Sharpton.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mrclose

I hope you are absolutely correct, though I don't think Collins or Murkowski are looking at this from that perspective, they are looking at it as the GOP stopped Bammy from seating Garland before the election.
@libertybele

Murkowski has changed her mind on that ... at least for today.

Romney is onboard as far as I can tell.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline verga

�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga