Author Topic: Bloomberg pays fines for 32,000 felons in Florida so they can vote  (Read 1247 times)

Offline RedHead

Re: Bloomberg pays fines for 32,000 felons in Florida so they can vote
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 12:59:16 pm »
Well, the Florida Supreme Court upheld the law that the fines had to be paid before rights were reinstated, which makes sense, considering fines are part of a sentence (and sometimes the whole thing) which in most states must be fully served before rights are reinstated. Nothing unusual about that, when the sentence is fully served, it is done and the debt to society is paid. No I.O.U.s, but paid in full. 
And the fines are being paid.  Everybody's happy.

So, Bloomberg just picked up the tab for these 32,000 felons, and it's an obvious vote buying ploy in a battlefield state, not something done out of the goodness of his heart

Of course it isn't being done out of the goodness of his heart.  It's a deliberate plan to add up to 32,000 voters to the rolls.  Voters who might be expected to vote Democrat.  But unless you can establish a quid pro quo then there is nothing illegal about what Bloomberg is doing. 

...otherwise, he'd be doing the same thing in Iowa and North Dakota, too.

True, though in Iowa I think the convicted felon also has to apply to get his or her voting rights restored.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 01:04:20 pm »
I'm sure Mr. Gun-Control-Bloomberg vetted these felons to ensure none of their crimes involved a firearm.  He is, after all, principled.

Principled?  Principled???  This is politics.  Principles don't enter into it.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 01:06:51 pm »
I doubt there is a state in the Union that doesn't have laws prohibiting the exchange of something of value for a vote.  Here is just a snippet of Florida's law:

No person shall directly or indirectly give or promise anything of value to another intending thereby to buy that person’s or another’s vote or to corruptly influence that person or another in casting his or her vote. Any person who violates this subsection is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. ...

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2018/Chapter104/All

And what promise has Bloomberg demanded in return?  Do you have any proof that Bloomberg requires that they vote, and vote Democrat, before it pays it off?

And, although it never seems to matter anymore, Bloomberg's move is ethically bankrupt.

'Ethics' and 'politics' don't go together.  Not anymore.  Not for a long time.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 01:37:41 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 01:54:42 pm »
September 23, 2020
Michael Bloomberg, felon?
By Monica Showalter

The Democrats' Daddy Warbucks is back and once again using his money to try to buy an election.

Michael Bloomberg is among a group of rich people hanging around Florida and offering free fine payoffs to released felons in a more-than-implied exchange for their votes for Democrats. Bloomberg isn't playing non-partisan in this, a frequent dodge of leftists, he's shoveling $100 million of his own cash to make sure Florida votes for Democrats, and this is part of his game. That would be the same Michael Bloomberg who was last seen blowing a billion on his own presidential campaign and then stiffing his campaign workers, by promising to employ through the election, and then dumping them and leaving them out on their ears when he left the race. Money for cons, see, but not the help.

It's otherwise known as bribery, the exchange of votes for something of value, and it's explicitly forbidden under Florida law.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/michael_bloomberg_felon.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 02:26:56 pm »
Report: Org Claims It Has Partnered with LeBron James to Pay Fines, Fees for Florida Felons to Vote
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/22/report-org-claims-it-has-partnered-lebron-james-pay-fines-fees-felons-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 02:30:07 pm »
Sportswriter comments on LeBron James' involvement:
... On Outkick the Show, Clay Travis discussed: “I can’t believe this is legal. This feels very similar to directly paying someone to vote for whichever candidate you prefer.”

Clay continued, “I don’t believe LeBron would be doing this if he thought the people he is going to be paying off are going to be supporting Donald Trump. I think this is all about trying to motivate and turn out Democratic voters using his money to directly pay for more votes to take place.”  ...
Outkick

If Gaetz does get an investigation of Bloomberg and James started, it will be interesting to see what is found.  :pop41:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 02:46:18 pm »
And what promise has Bloomberg demanded in return?  Do you have any proof that Bloomberg requires that they vote, and vote Democrat, before it pays it off?

In a statement to the news outlet, a representative for Bloomberg said, “The right to vote is fundamental to our democracy and no American should be denied that right. Working together with the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, we are determined to end disenfranchisement and the discrimination that has always driven it.”

Looks like an obvious quid pro quo.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:47:09 pm by skeeter »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 05:51:23 pm »
In a statement to the news outlet, a representative for Bloomberg said, “The right to vote is fundamental to our democracy and no American should be denied that right. Working together with the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, we are determined to end disenfranchisement and the discrimination that has always driven it.”

Looks like an obvious quid pro quo.
A quid pro quo means getting something for giving something.  What is Bloomberg demanding in return?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 05:53:41 pm »
Clay continued, “I don’t believe LeBron would be doing this if he thought the people he is going to be paying off are going to be supporting Donald Trump. I think this is all about trying to motivate and turn out Democratic voters using his money to directly pay for more votes to take place.”

And if it was to benefit Trump then nobody here would care.  But it will potentially help Biden in a state expected to be very close so suddenly it's illegal.

If Gaetz does get an investigation of Bloomberg and James started, it will be interesting to see what is found.  :pop41:

Wake me when that happens.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 05:54:48 pm »

It's otherwise known as bribery, the exchange of votes for something of value, and it's explicitly forbidden under Florida law.

Good luck proving it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 05:59:06 pm »
Good luck proving it.
Yeah, we get it. That's why there's an investigation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 06:12:19 pm »
Candidates have been buying elections since forever.

@RedHead

People have been raping children and eating human meat since forever,too. Does that make it right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 06:19:30 pm »
And if it was to benefit Trump then nobody here would care.   </S>

@RedHead

Yeah,I am positive that ABC,CBS,NBC,CBN,etc,etc,etc,would be completely ignoring it.

The FACT is Trump doesn't need to buy votes or get the votes of illegal aliens.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:20:22 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 06:31:25 pm »
And if it was to benefit Trump then nobody here would care. 
Hmm. Looks like a "tell" to me.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 09:06:23 pm »
Yeah, we get it. That's why there's an investigation.

LOL!  Well that's gonna solve the whole thing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 09:18:57 pm »
LOL!  Well that's gonna solve the whole thing.
Please elucidate.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 09:30:04 pm »
Good luck proving it.

Thank the Lord ... you've finally grasped the reason for an investigation.

Well done @RedHead   Well done!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 09:31:47 pm »
Hmm. Looks like a "tell" to me.

Loud and clear @mountaineer   Loud and clear.

I'd love to know whose sock puppet he/she is.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 10:11:31 pm »

'Ethics' and 'politics' don't go together.  Not anymore.  Not for a long time.
Considering "Ethics" is the adherence to arbitrary rules, ethics and politics go hand in hand. Morality is the red haired stepchild in that family, often having little to do with either. 

You would have to know the political affiliations of the people involved prior to their convictions in order to establish a clear pattern of attempting to influence the outcome of the election. Did he pay fines for only former Democrat voters? or those likely to vote Democrat? Was there a minority bias in the group whose fines were paid which might indicate an attempt to alter the electorate? Given his meddling proclivities, (i.e. dumping money into gun control debates nationwide), and his primary candidacy as a Democrat for POTUS, it's safe to say what his intent is.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:15:39 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 10:15:30 pm »
A quid pro quo means getting something for giving something.  What is Bloomberg demanding in return?
That they vote.

Duh.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 10:48:27 pm »
The word you are looking for is chicanery.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 10:56:47 pm »
Speaking of being sold, being bought, your choice in the vote isn't  really a choice anymore.

You get to vote for evil.

Period.

Mishmash whichever way. This is the lesser evil. That is the lesser evil.

It is still evil. I am voting for evil. YAY for meeee!

Hell, I would even vote for a democrat.

If they were running one.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2020, 01:15:19 pm »
Rep. Gaetz isn't the only one wanting an investigation.
Florida AG Investigating Bloomberg For Paying Felons’ Fines So They Can Vote
Sandy Malone
10 hours ago   

Tallahassee, FL – Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody has asked the state and federal government to assist in her investigation into whether former New York City mayor and failed Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg had broken the law by trying to pay off felons’ fines so they can vote in November.

Moody sent letters to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that requested further investigation into whether Bloomberg had tried to influence the election results, The Washington Post reported.

The attorney general had reviewed the allegations that Bloomberg and the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition had violated the law by offering incentives for voting at the request of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. ...
Story posted at BlueLivesMatter

Offline skeeter

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2020, 01:20:38 pm »
Rep. Gaetz isn't the only one wanting an investigation.Story posted at BlueLivesMatter

According to an essay by Jonathan Turley because of the likelihood of their voting rat Bloomberg is paying the fines of hispanic and black cons only.