Author Topic: In SCOTUS Confirmation Fight, Expect Democrats To Embrace Anti-Catholic Bigotry  (Read 205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In SCOTUS Confirmation Fight, Expect Democrats To Embrace Anti-Catholic Bigotry

Bigotry against Catholics is nothing new in America. What’s new is Democrats’ wholesale embrace of it, which we might see play out in primetime.

By John Daniel Davidson
September 22, 2020

President Trump is expected to pick a Supreme Court nominee to fill the seat left vacant by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as early as the end of this week. Two of the people on Trump’s short list of possible nominees are Catholic women: Amy Coney Barrett, a federal appellate court judge in Chicago, and Barbara Lagoa, a federal appellate court judge in Atlanta.

If either of these eminently qualified judges gets the nomination, expect the media to go full-throttle with anti-Catholic bigotry. And expect Democrats to outdo the media in this regard, which is no easy task.

The media has wasted no time casting aspersions on Barrett for her Catholic faith. On Monday, the Washington Post ran a kind of explainer on Barrett, which included an out-of-context quote from a talk she apparently gave years ago, that a “legal career is but a means to an end… and that end is building the Kingdom of God.”

The statement itself, even without context, is an altogether ordinary expression of sincere religious belief that any devout person, whether Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, or Muslim, would readily affirm. Yet the Post’s Ron Charles highlighted it in a tweet Monday, as if to warn us that Barrett might try to usher in a Catholic theocracy if she gets onto the Supreme Court.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/22/in-scotus-confirmation-fight-expect-democrats-to-embrace-anti-catholic-bigotry/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope, when it happens and I am very certain they will go full anti-Catholic, it will wake up some of the Catholics that out of habit vote Rat every year, year after year. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I hope, when it happens and I am very certain they will go full anti-Catholic, it will wake up some of the Catholics that out of habit vote Rat every year, year after year.

I'm sure some will, although one thing we've learned about today's leftist is, when forced to choose, their fealty to political progressivism always trumps any authentic theology they may have been raised with.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm sure some will, although one thing we've learned about today's leftist is, when forced to choose, their fealty to political progressivism always trumps any authentic theology they may have been raised with.

Yep add to the mix TDS ...it further retards rational thinking.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The retort should be:
"There's nothing unconstitutional about being a Catholic..."