Author Topic: These 63 Bed Bath & Beyond stores are set to close by the end of 2020  (Read 537 times)

Offline libertybele

Another store that I liked is closing (one in my area will remain open - - so far). 

These 63 Bed Bath & Beyond stores are set to close by the end of 2020

Bed Bath & Beyond has announced the first 63 stores it will close by the end of the year as part of a restructuring plan brought on by COVID-19.

USA Today first reported the closures.

The news comes after the retailer announced in July that it would close roughly 200 stores, mainly Bed Bath & Beyond stores, over the next two years. The store chain also said last month that it would eliminate 2,800 jobs as it tries to streamline its operations and shore up its finances.

The store chain, which also operates Buybuy Baby, Christmas Tree Shops and Harmon Face Values, had a total of 1,478 stores as of May 30. Some 955 of those are Bed Bath & Beyond stores.

The company says the store closures are an “important step” in its effort “to create a sustainable, durable business.” Bed Bath & Beyond is set to report second-quarter fiscal earnings on October 1.

Here’s the list of 63 store locations set to close by the end of the year.......

https://www.winknews.com/2020/09/21/these-63-bed-bath-beyond-stores-are-set-to-close-by-the-end-of-2020/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: These 63 Bed Bath & Beyond stores are set to close by the end of 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:51:30 am »
Bed Bath and Beyond, Lord and Taylor,

My mother told me Nordstrom’s too now. So many big box stores. Add all the mom and pop stores...

All those jobs gone....

What a crappy year.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:13 am »

My mother told me Nordstrom’s too now. So many big box stores. Add all the mom and pop stores...

All those jobs gone....

What a crappy year.

Nordstrom's?  Or, is it Nordstrom's Rack...the clearance stores?

My lady friend 'lives' at Nordstrom's Rack.  She'll flip and the video would go viral.    :laugh:    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:18:27 am »
Nordstrom's?  Or, is it Nordstrom's Rack...the clearance stores?

My lady friend 'lives' at Nordstrom's Rack.  She'll flip and the video would go viral.    :laugh:    9999hair out0000

Oi vey. My mom heard wrong, and I should have done due diligence. Nordstrom’s is closing 16 stores.

Don’t know where you are @DCPatriot

but here is the list of stores that are closing. Article says Nordstrom’s has lost revenue because of coronavirus but I can’t think of any store (except perhaps Target and Walmart?) who are breaking even or close at this point.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/08/nordstrom-store-closures-here-are-the-16-stores-expected-to-shut.html

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:42 am »

All those jobs gone....

What a crappy year.
Bunch of Penny's stores as well. the one near us is shutting down. seems they hit the skids when they got Ellen as their spokesperson.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 12:28:52 pm »
Bunch of Penny's stores as well. the one near us is shutting down. seems they hit the skids when they got Ellen as their spokesperson.

The Penney’s near me is still open. I their clothes, and they have a mini Sephora inside too!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 01:23:12 pm »
Oi vey. My mom heard wrong, and I should have done due diligence. Nordstrom’s is closing 16 stores.

Don’t know where you are @DCPatriot

but here is the list of stores that are closing. Article says Nordstrom’s has lost revenue because of coronavirus but I can’t think of any store (except perhaps Target and Walmart?) who are breaking even or close at this point.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/08/nordstrom-store-closures-here-are-the-16-stores-expected-to-shut.html

I'm 10 minutes from Bethesda, Maryland 20817  ---  They have an anchor store in the Montgomery Mall

But there are Nordstrom's Rack(s) 5 minutes up the street.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 01:36:06 pm »
I used to shop for clothing at Macy's, but several closed down and now the closest one is about an hour's drive from our house. So I tried JCP. Same story - the ones near me are all closing their doors - one will be gone for good by this Saturday. Can't shop at Kohl's anymore, because of their support for BLM. It's getting difficult to find a clothing store! Online shopping doesn't do it for me, since I need to try clothing on before buying.

As for BB&B, they're probably useful for a few items, but the stores seem so cluttered and difficult to negotiate, I generally skip them. For their types of products, though, online shopping certainly is more appropriate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 01:36:48 pm »
I'm 10 minutes from Bethesda, Maryland 20817  ---  They have an anchor store in the Montgomery Mall

But there are Nordstrom's Rack(s) 5 minutes up the street.    :laugh:

I’ve never been to a Nordstrom’s Rack but there is one close by. Glad I could help your lady friend