Author Topic: In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0  (Read 250 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0
« on: September 21, 2020, 12:34:55 am »
 In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0
A vigil speaker declared that her organization and its allies would do whatever it takes to keep the Senate from holding hearings on a new Trump nominee, no matter who it is.

By A.K. Austen
September 20, 2020

In the wake of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death Friday, Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) quickly signaled how vicious the last two months of this election season will be.

Both senators spoke at a vigil for Ginsburg Saturday night. The vigil was organized by Demand Justice, the group that led the charge against Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation, as well as a coalition of leftist activist organizations.

Between music performances and traditional rabbinic prayers, speakers from the various organizations spoke to thousands crowded in front of the Supreme Court. Despite being surrounded by candles and flowers, the event felt more like a political rally than a vigil.

Leftist Groups Threaten Senators to Get Their Way

Warren and Gillibrand had harsh words for President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s announcement that they would attempt to fill Ginsburg’s vacant seat before the election. Warren attacked McConnell for being willing to confirm a justice during an election year when he refused to do so with President Obama’s nominee in 2016.

“Today Mitch McConnell and his henchmen believe they can ram through a Supreme Court justice only 45 days from the election,” Warren said.

Gillibrand accused President Trump of hating half of the country and wanting it to burn. Of McConnell she said, “I’ve never seen someone more duplicitous.” She declared that in the next election, Democrats would choose a new president and flip the Senate.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/20/in-dc-ruth-bader-ginsburg-vigil-speakers-prep-for-kavanaugh-2-0/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 12:45:11 am »
Interesting--Trump said he's going to nominate a woman.  Trying to smear a woman I don't think is going to win the DEMS any points.  The DEMS could make this ugly and very nasty and if they start a smear tactic on a (Hispanic) Cuban-American they just may see the Hispanics fighting back.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LottieDah

Re: In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 04:28:01 pm »
What are Dems going to say about a woman nominee -- she was crabby during that time of the month?