Author Topic: Trump expects to announce Supreme Court nominee on Friday or Saturday  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump expects to announce Supreme Court nominee on Friday or Saturday
By Morgan Chalfant - 09/21/20 08:14 AM EDT

President Trump plans to announce his nominee to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court on Friday or Saturday, he said in an interview on “Fox & Friends” Monday morning.

“I think it'll be on Friday or Saturday,” Trump said when asked when he would announce his decision, adding that he wanted to “pay respect” to Ginsburg, who died Friday due to complications from pancreatic cancer, by waiting until after her funeral services.

Trump also said that he had narrowed his list down to five potential nominees. Trump has already committed to choosing a woman to replace Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

Judges Amy Coney Barrett, Barbara Lagoa and Allison Jones Rushing are among the individuals Trump is weighing as potential nominees. Barrett and Lagoa are said to be top contenders for the role.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/517345-trump-expects-to-announce-supreme-court-nominee-on-friday-or-saturday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Trump expects to announce Supreme Court nominee on Friday or Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 12:33:32 am »
I am not sure why the delay.  He has had four years to determine who the next Supreme Court pick should be. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump expects to announce Supreme Court nominee on Friday or Saturday
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:20 am »
@mystery-ak

The excitement is building,and I can barely contain myself. I  haven't done my little "happy dance" around the living room since Trump was elected.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!