Author Topic: Black Appraisals of Black Lives Matter – Part I  (Read 113 times)

rangerrebew

Black Appraisals of Black Lives Matter – Part I
« on: September 16, 2020, 10:40:41 am »
By Soeren Kern
September 15, 2020 at 5:00 am

"While it might not be popular to say in the wake of the recent social disorder, the true plight of black people has little or nothing to do with the police or what has been called 'systemic racism.' Instead, we need to look at the responsibilities of those running our big cities." — Walter E. Williams, professor of economics at George Mason University.

"Democratic-controlled cities have the poorest-quality public education despite their large, and growing, school budgets. Consider Baltimore.... It's the same story of academic disaster in other cities run by Democrats. — Walter E. Williams.

"Our families have fallen to pieces: 75% of all black children are born out of wedlock, without a father. I don't care how many social programs you have. You're not going to overcome that. That's where we, as black Americans, have to begin to take our fate back into our own hands and move it — stop crying racism." — Shelby Steele, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16503/black-lives-matter-appraisals
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:15:55 pm by Free Vulcan »

Offline goatprairie

Re: Black Appraisals of Black Lives Matter – Part I
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 01:11:40 pm »
Good, but how many average blacks know who any of these people are, and how many know who Jesse Jackson,  Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan are?
You better believe most blacks know far more about the latter than the former. I'll bet only a very small percent of black Americans know who Thomas Sowell, one of the preeminent thinkers of our times, is.