Author Topic: Segregation Makes a Comeback  (Read 194 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Segregation Makes a Comeback
« on: September 15, 2020, 02:58:28 pm »
   Segregation Makes a Comeback

If we cannot rally around equality before the law and within our institutions, and embrace color blindness within our own hearts, then we will not survive as a nation.
By Deion A. Kathawa • September 14, 2020

Dust off your “2020 bingo card.” Even with all this year’s craziness—impeachment; millions of acres of hellfire spreading across California; a global pandemic unleashed by China (which was also the occasion to shut down the engine of the greatest economy the world had ever seen); more than 100 consecutive days of rioting and looting in Portland, Oregon (not to mention similar criminal activity taking place across the country since the death of George Floyd in May)—did you seriously ever expect you’d be covering the square that reads, “American university unironically and enthusiastically endorses Plessy v. Ferguson”?

Didn’t think so.

But you’d better dig up your chips because that’s what very nearly happened at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. (2020 needs to slow down.)

The university tried to bring back Jim Crow-era segregation. The Center for Social Justice and Inclusion (CSJI) recently advertised its creation of a “Non-POC Cafe.” In plain language, it’s a (virtual) cafe just for white students, i.e., those who “do not identify as people of color,” “to gather and to discuss their experience as students on campus and as non-POC in the world.”

It goes on: “Feel free to drop in and discuss your experiences as non-persons of color and hopefully brainstorm solutions to common issues within the non-POC community. The Cafe will be facilitated by a non-POC faculty/staff member to ensure that discussions are kept safe and respectful.” (Go back and re-read that: CSJI considers whites are non-persons of color. Tell us how you really feel!)

Now, before you fret, you should know that there is also a separate (but equal?) “cafe” for BIPOC (“black, indigenous, or people of color”) students, which serves a similar purpose for the campus’s minorities.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/14/segregation-makes-a-comeback/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Segregation Makes a Comeback
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 05:02:03 pm »
Frankly,I am surprised they allow whites to do,say,or even think anything not approved of by the PC Police.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 05:08:53 pm »
Frankly,I am surprised they allow whites to do,say,or even think anything not approved of by the PC Police.

They just want to publicly shame anyone who would dare go there.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:57:38 am »
I lived in Florida when Jim Crow was still the rule.
Gonna be honest, I was just a kid, but it was ok with me.
If blacks want "a new Jim Crow" with black-only "segregation", my opinion is:
Let 'em have it.
Just don't complain when we Euro-Americans practice what you preach as well...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 01:03:55 am »
I lived in Florida when Jim Crow was still the rule.
Gonna be honest, I was just a kid, but it was ok with me.
If blacks want "a new Jim Crow" with black-only "segregation", my opinion is:
Let 'em have it.
Just don't complain when we Euro-Americans practice what you preach as well...

@Fishrrman

I don't have any problems with anyone anywhere,as long as they behave themselves and don't scare the women and children. You start scaring the women and children,and I won't be the only one having problems.

I once offered to fit a boom box inside the ear of a "Latino" gangbanger on a city bus in Denver. I was putting up with that crap right up to the point the elderly woman sitting in front of him asked him to please turn the volume down,and he started cursing and threatening her.

For some odd reason he seemed to take offense at my offer to help,and turned it off and got off the bus at the next stop.

There are some things I just will NOT tolerate.

And,to tell the truth,I was in a bad mood that day anyhow,and was grateful for the excuse to jump him.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:04:51 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 01:12:55 am »
I pretty much gave my last F%ck a month ago. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.