Author Topic: The real conversation on racism is much more difficult but necessary By Jonathan Turley  (Read 144 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The real conversation on racism is much more difficult but necessary
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 09/12/20 10:00 AM EDT

The National Football League sought this week to address calls for racial justice with a demonstration of players, signs proclaiming “Black Lives Matter,” and “End Racism” painted in end zones. The response was not uniformly positive, including loud booing from some fans.

The controversy grew after announcer Cris Collinsworth profusely praised the demonstration but added: “Let’s just get that out of the way and go call a football game.” Some objected to his transition. Others like former Bill Clinton adviser Paul Begala objected that announcer Al Michaels did not declare his own support. “Crickets,” Begala suggested, was not enough, leading some observers to object to the pressure of compelled speech.

A greater concern may be the impact of such corporate displays and whether they constitute real progress toward racial justice or are a ploy that will effectively diminish the issue. The Food and Drug Administration and consumer advocates have long studied how the saturation of product warnings has caused consumers to ignore stated risks; it becomes a type of background noise, tuned out of commercials.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/516127-the-real-conversation-on-racism-is-much-more-difficult-but-necessary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It'll never happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Apparently NFL players will be "sporting" helmet stickers in celebration of a sexual abuser.

..and expecting support
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

"Racism remains our most transcendent, unresolved national issue."

Let me start out by saying BULLSH*t to that statement.
White racism is less than one percent of the problems of black people or other non-whites.
The problems of black people have been gone over ad nauseum in these forums and other non-woke forums.
You have situations where  in state-sponsored math tests in Baltimore from 2017 in thirteen Baltimore high schools exactly ZERO! students scored as being proficient in math.
I go to Baltimore CBS and ABC  websites every day. One thing black people seem to be good at in Baltimore is killing other black people.
Those are the problems....poor academic performances of black students and high rates of violent crime. White racism is just a tiny blip on the radar map of black problems.
Until national leaders face up to the truth, we'll never make progress of race relations. But I'm not holding my breath. The national blindness concerning the situation will go on for the foreseeable future.