Author Topic: Forgetting History and Misrepresenting History is America's Real Pandemic  (Read 80 times)

rangerrebew

Friday, September 11, 2020
Forgetting History and Misrepresenting History is America's Real Pandemic
By Rich Kozlovich

Today is September 11, 2020, and nineteen years have passed since Islamic terrorists flew two planes into the World Trade Center Towers.  For someone my age (74), that was just yesterday.  Although it shouldn't be, it is a bit startling to realize how many adults today don’t remember that event.  While my generation knows a lot about Pearl Harbor, we have no personal memory of it.  However, when it comes to remembering Pearl Harbor for my generation, and 9/11 for the modern generation, there's a difference between my generation and the current crop of young people?  What is it?  Societal paradigms and education!  I will cover that later.

Just as those who were alive when Pearl Harbor was attacked, I vividly remember 9/11.   The west became complacent when it seemed the Cold War was over and everything was fine.  I knew that wasn’t true.  I knew the cold war wasn't the end of concerns. I knew Islamists were going to be a problem.  What I didn’t know is we would have Presidents - Clinton, Obama and supported by efforts by Jimmy Carter - who would actually help America’s enemies, such as Iran, N. Korea and China especially. 

Although we all should have known. 

https://paradigmsanddemographics.blogspot.com/2020/09/forgetting-history-and-misrepresenting.html