Author Topic: Why all warriors should drink tea  (Read 175 times)

rangerrebew

Why all warriors should drink tea
« on: September 12, 2020, 03:01:31 pm »
Sarah Sicard

When most of us think of drinking tea, we envision lace gloves, dainty cucumber sandwiches, and fresh brews in porcelain china poured into adorable cups held with pinky-extended hands.

Not so. Some of the greatest fighters humanity has ever produced were known to enjoy a spot of tea as battle fuel.

Enter Rakkasan Tea Company, a veteran-owned brand on a crusade to prove tea’s illustrious role throughout military history and make the case why today’s warfighters should consider choosing the leafy beverage over muddy coffee.

“My introduction to hot tea wasn’t tea and crumpets,” said co-founder and CEO Brandon Friedman. “It was drinking tea with Iraqi and Afghan fighters between missions. It was how we bonded.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2020/09/09/why-all-warriors-should-drink-tea/

Offline Idiot

Re: Why all warriors should drink tea
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 03:18:35 pm »
Sarah Sicard

When most of us think of drinking tea, we envision lace gloves, dainty cucumber sandwiches, and fresh brews in porcelain china poured into adorable cups held with pinky-extended hands.

Not so. Some of the greatest fighters humanity has ever produced were known to enjoy a spot of tea as battle fuel.

Enter Rakkasan Tea Company, a veteran-owned brand on a crusade to prove tea’s illustrious role throughout military history and make the case why today’s warfighters should consider choosing the leafy beverage over muddy coffee.

“My introduction to hot tea wasn’t tea and crumpets,” said co-founder and CEO Brandon Friedman. “It was drinking tea with Iraqi and Afghan fighters between missions. It was how we bonded.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2020/09/09/why-all-warriors-should-drink-tea/
How about a big glass of iced tea in the heat of the summer, or anytime for that matter....nothing more refreshing.  I drink several a day....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:32:02 pm »
So........drinking a diuretic as a battle fuel is good idea for soldiers? Even when deployed in the desert?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 09:43:14 pm »
3 bags of decalf and one regular makes me a good gallon of tea, that me and the kids drink that day for refreshment (over cokes which we rarely drink).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....