Author Topic: Medal Of Honor Recipient Sgt. Maj. Thomas Payne Might Be The Greatest Bada$$ On The Planet  (Read 350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

David Hookstead
Smoke Room Editor-in-Chief
September 11, 2020 9:04 AM ET

Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. Maj. Thomas Payne is one of the greatest heroes to ever live.

Payne, who joined the military in the aftermath of 9/11, will be awarded the highest military honor Friday by President Trump for his actions during a 2015 hostage rescue mission in Iraq against ISIS. The mission would be the same mission that Master Sgt. Josh Wheeler died on.

Christian Datoc
@TocRadio
Following his trip to Shanksville, PA, to commemorate 9/11, POTUS will award the Medal of Honor to Army Sgt. Maj. Thomas Payne at the WH — Payne is the first living Delta Force member recipient and the first ever recipient from Operation Inherent Resolve (campaign against ISIS)
7:10 AM · Sep 11, 2020

I’ve heard some insane details about missions carried about by the United States military, and this one from Payne, who is a member of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command, ranks right among the best.

According to the Army, Payne, who has been identified by some as a member of Delta Force, rescued 70 hostages who were awaiting execution by ISIS on October 22 near Hawija, Iraq.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/11/medal-of-honor-sgt-maj-thomas-payne-iraq-hostage-rescue-mission/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It says a lot about the society we live in that most everyone knows who Lebron James is but damned few know anything about men such as Thomas Payne.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It says a lot about the society we live in that most everyone knows who Lebron James is but damned few know anything about men such as Thomas Payne.

So true.   
:patriot: :patriot: to T. Payne. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Well done. The only thing wrong with this story is his first name isn’t Max.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Not in this case. Delta is a covert operation and nobody not in Delta is supposed to know they are. Obviously their families and the other SF soldiers they have served with over the years,but these people aren't about to blab about it and put a fellow Delta member and his family in the crosshairs of Muslim revenge.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not to speak for @Bigun  here Pete but I think the post was more of an allegorical look at society today. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Not in this case. Delta is a covert operation and nobody not in Delta is supposed to know they are. Obviously their families and the other SF soldiers they have served with over the years,but these people aren't about to blab about it and put a fellow Delta member and his family in the crosshairs of Muslim revenge.

Yeah! I know that they are very tight lipped and for damned good reasons but what about men like Raul Perez "Roy" Benavidez?  I'd say he deserves to be well known FAR more than any guy that bounces a ball for a living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

And there are hundreds more that few know anything at all about such as

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And on and on...
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Hats off to this young man

:patriot:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Yeah! I know that they are very tight lipped and for damned good reasons but what about men like Raul Perez "Roy" Benavidez?  I'd say he deserves to be well known FAR more than any guy that bounces a ball for a living.

I agree. I am proud to say that Roy was a friend of mine,and he,as well as the other MoH winners deserve all the recognition they can get,....BUT......,they all earned their awards decades ago,and having their identities made public now will not put their families at risk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

And there are hundreds more that few know anything at all about such as

These soldiers were all members of conventional units,and nothing about them or their operations has ever been secret. If anyone doesn't know anything about them it is because they aren't looking.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And on and on...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not to speak for @Bigun  here Pete but I think the post was more of an allegorical look at society today.

@Wingnut

I am sure you are right,but we have to be careful here to not "throw out the baby with the bathwater".

Online Wingnut

@Wingnut

I am sure you are right,but we have to be careful here to not "throw out the baby with the bathwater".

:patriot:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Charlie Spiering 11 Sep 2020

President Donald Trump awarded the Medal of Honor to Sgt. Maj. Thomas “Patrick” Payne on Friday, a Ranger assigned to the U.S. Army’s Special Operations Command Delta Force.

Payne led the special operations raid that took place in October 2015 in Northern Iraq, freeing 75 Iraqi citizens from Islamic State terrorists. Twenty-two terrorists were killed in the raid.

He was recognized for courage in the firefight with ISIS fighters and for rushing into a burning building during the raid with a pair of bolt cutters, thence freeing the prisoners inside.

“He wouldn’t leave, no matter what they said. No matter who ordered him to do it, he wouldn’t do it. He was the last one out,” Trump said. “It was one of the largest and most daring rescue missions in American history.”

The Medal of Honor is the most distinguished award in the United States for combat valor.

Payne’s wife Alison and his six-year-old son Aaron were present for the ceremony at the Whtie House.

“I want you to know that your Dad is one of the bravest men anywhere in the world,” Trump said. “I think you knew that before we knew it.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/11/donald-trump-awards-medal-of-honor-to-sgt-maj-thomas-patrick-payne/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Am thinking that Kyle Rittenhouse may have it in him to perform in a fashion like this as well, if given the chance.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am thinking that Kyle Rittenhouse may have it in him to perform in a fashion like this as well, if given the chance.

@IsailedawayfromFR

I have no doubt about it. 17 years old,alone and outnumbered by at least 100 to 1,on his back and being beaten by a skateboard,he still had the presence of mind to raise his rifle,flip off the safety,and fire at his attackers????

That's instinct,not training. All training does is teach habits. Instincts can't be taught.