Author Topic: US general says Russian and Chinese deals in Latin America risk destabilizing region  (Read 237 times)

rangerrebew

US general says Russian and Chinese deals in Latin America risk destabilizing region
By: David B. Larter  

WASHINGTON — Opaque political and business deals by Russia and China in Latin America and the Caribbean threaten to destabilize the Western Hemisphere if countries aren’t wary, the deputy commander of U.S. Southern Command said Wednesday.

Air Force Lt. Gen. Michael Plehn told a virtual audience at the annual Defense News Conference Sept. 9 that increasing involvement in the region by Russia and China could have consequences, even comparing their behavior to the kind of transnational criminal organizations that SOUTHCOM regularly combats.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/the-americas/2020/09/09/us-general-says-russian-and-chinese-deals-in-latin-america-risk-destabilizing-region/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
China has all that Wal-Martian Money,and needs to invest it somewhere!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
China has all that Wal-Martian Money,and needs to invest it somewhere!

Yeah they all that every store in America money. One thing about Walmart, no matter what else they aren't shy or afraid to have the American flag prominent throughout their stores. Too many others are either afraid to or are loath to. yes I would prefer to buy all American produced goods, I just do not have the financial where withal to be able to.........................................if it were even possible. Hell you can't even buy all American produced produce.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

One thing about Walmart, no matter what else they aren't shy or afraid to have the American flag prominent throughout their stores. 

@GtHawk

Yup! Makes a great advertising tool. Almost makes you feel like you are doing something Patriotic by buying Chinese crap and helping the take over of the world by China become a reality.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:32:33 pm by sneakypete »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Yup! Makes a great advertising tool. Almost makes you feel like you are doing something Patriotic by buying Chinese crap and helping the take over of the world by China become a reality.
@sneakypete
Yeah like I said, I got your position on it about a dozen times now, I understand it, I respect it, but then there is reality and that's the place I have to live. Believe me I've tried to escape but every time they drag my butt back no matter how much I kick and scream. **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Yeah like I said, I got your position on it about a dozen times now, I understand it, I respect it, but then there is reality and that's the place I have to live. Believe me I've tried to escape but every time they drag my butt back no matter how much I kick and scream. **nononono*

@GtHawk

Believe it or not,but I also understand and respect YOUR position.  If given no other practical option,I will buy at Wal-Mart also.

I don't feel good about it,and am even pissed off at myself when I do that very same thing myself,but regardless of who you are,you do what you have to do. It's called "Real Life",and neither your or anyone else has to apologize for it.

The point is that when/if you are in a position to do different,PLEASE "do different".

Treason should be punished,not rewarded.