Author Topic: Navy Fleet Strengths (2020)  (Read 283 times)

rangerrebew

Navy Fleet Strengths (2020)
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:59:14 am »
 Navy Fleet Strengths (2020)

Total navy and submarine strength by global power.

Navy Fleet Strengths (2020) tracks naval surface and underwater elements for each national power taken into consideration for the annual GFP ranking. The list below is made up of all warship types including aircraft carriers, submarines, helicopter carriers, corvettes, frigates, coastal types, amphibious assault/support vessels, and auxiliaries. Designs currently under development or on order heading into the upcoming year are NOT taken into account. Estimates are made when official data is not available.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/navy-ships.asp

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Navy Fleet Strengths (2020)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:43:58 pm »
Thanks, @rangerrebew . Interesting site!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:52:00 pm »
I wonder why this list doesn't show our 22 active Ticonderoga class cruisers? They're a central fleet element.

Offline AL

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 03:52:07 pm »
I wonder why this list doesn't show our 22 active Ticonderoga class cruisers? They're a central fleet element.

And yet they did include Frigate's are now called Corvette's.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 04:04:53 pm »
And yet they did include Frigate's are now called Corvette's.

Any list showing the norks as having the largest navy in the world prolly ought to rejigger it’s criteria. It’s a bit misleading.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »
I don't know what kind of ships they all are, but in terms of pure numbers, North Korea and China have us outnumbered by more than 3 to 1.
And that doesn't take Russia into account.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 11:14:39 pm »
I don't know what kind of ships they all are, but in terms of pure numbers, North Korea and China have us outnumbered by more than 3 to 1.
And that doesn't take Russia into account.
We just need drones to spoof different signatures including SIGINT to draw fire from the fleet and we'll be fine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis