Author Topic: Navy Ends 3-Day Search for Sailor Missing from Carrier Nimitz  (Read 254 times)

rangerrebew

Navy Ends 3-Day Search for Sailor Missing from Carrier Nimitz
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:15:36 am »

Navy Ends 3-Day Search for Sailor Missing from Carrier Nimitz

8 Sep 2020
Military.com | By Gina Harkins

The Navy ended search-and-rescue efforts Tuesday for a sailor believed to have gone overboard this weekend from an aircraft carrier deployed to the Middle East.

Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Ian McKnight, 29, was not found following an extensive search in the North Arabian Sea after he was reported missing Sunday. McKnight is assigned to the carrier Nimitz, which searched for him, aided by the guided-missile cruiser Princeton and Navy and Air Force aircraft.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/09/08/navy-ends-3-day-search-sailor-missing-carrier-nimitz.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Navy Ends 3-Day Search for Sailor Missing from Carrier Nimitz
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 10:05:09 am »
Weird story. Boatswains and Airmen get taken over the side more than most.
Why would an IT guy be up on deck? In any position to go Oscar?
I hope he had a kapok or something. But the way the story is written, I doubt it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline AL

Re: Navy Ends 3-Day Search for Sailor Missing from Carrier Nimitz
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 04:04:28 pm »
Weird story. Boatswains and Airmen get taken over the side more than most.
Why would an IT guy be up on deck? In any position to go Oscar?
I hope he had a kapok or something. But the way the story is written, I doubt it.

I was wondering about that too.  Those waters aren't like North Atlantic so that carrier was probably not rockin' and rollin' much.  Its more than a little suspicious, well sh+t happens.    :patriot: