Author Topic: America’s Reign Of Judges Has Left Us With An Unrecognizable Constitution  (Read 136 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 America’s Reign Of Judges Has Left Us With An Unrecognizable Constitution

Judges who can find no support in law for the outcome they want resort to their own personal sense of morality to achieve their desired result.

By Michael Anton
September 8, 2020

This is an excerpt of “The Stakes: America at the Point of No Return,” out from Regnery this week.

“Kritarchy” is a Greek neologism that means “rule of judges.” Strictly speaking, we don’t live under a regime in which judges rule alone.

It’s more precise to say that modern American judges are a vital node of the neoliberal oligarchy who exercise far more power than they ought to have, in ways the founders never intended.

According to the parchment, judges are supposed to rule on individual cases and — in extraordinary circumstances — may invalidate laws that clearly flout the plain text and meaning of the Constitution. This is not what our judges actually do. They profess themselves loyal to the Constitution, in part as a diversionary tactic but also in part out of genuine sincerity. The problem with their sincerity is that their loyalty is not to the actual Constitution but to a rival constitution of the left’s own devising. That constitution is not written in the same manner as the formal Constitution, but neither is it completely unwritten. Its tenets are explained in various books and journal articles, in certain laws, and in administrative rules.

But mostly they are memorialized in judicial rulings that purport to interpret the de jure Constitution but which really outline the parameters of today’s true, de facto constitution. I was unable to identify who coined the term “legislating from the bench,” but it’s an apt description of what modern judges do. Under the guise of “interpreting” the law, judges very often make the law, inventing new “rights” as they go.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/08/americas-reign-of-judges-has-left-us-with-an-unrecognizable-constitution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
GENOCIDE  -  seven POSs of the Supreme Court sentenced to death 60 million+ of our most defenseless to death, and that number continues to grow daily!

No court should decide what the law is.  If a law is unacceptable, they can throw it back to the legislature, but they should not make law.  Roe vs Wade was seven people making law.  Not a one of them ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE!  This single act was the destruction of this great nation.  Can we recover, who knows.  It will NEVER happen with Roberts as a vote to end this travesty.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
GENOCIDE  -  seven POSs of the Supreme Court sentenced to death 60 million+ of our most defenseless to death, and that number continues to grow daily!

No court should decide what the law is.  If a law is unacceptable, they can throw it back to the legislature, but they should not make law.  Roe vs Wade was seven people making law.  Not a one of them ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE!  This single act was the destruction of this great nation.  Can we recover, who knows.  It will NEVER happen with Roberts as a vote to end this travesty.

SCOTUS is NOT supposed to make law; their jobs is rule on whether the law is Constitutional.  Roberts appointment was one of the worst things to ever happened to this country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
SCOTUS is NOT supposed to make law; their jobs is rule on whether the law is Constitutional.  Roberts appointment was one of the worst things to ever happened to this country.

Would you be kind enough to show this old country bumpkin where it says that in the Constitution?  I have been unable to find it.  Perhaps it in a penumbra.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien