Author Topic: Windows 10 Update Is Causing An Old Problem To Return!  (Read 643 times)

Offline mrclose

Windows 10 Update Is Causing An Old Problem To Return!
« on: September 07, 2020, 11:15:07 pm »
The other night I was forced to take the latest windows 10 update .. again!

I keep having to 'rollback' to the 'previous' version because of what happens to my graphics!
(I know what causes the graphics problem but not why there is this new problem!)

Let me explain ...
A few years ago I went through a similar mess that took me almost a year to solve!

Below is a screenshot of what that (and this) cumulative update does to my colors/graphics!

DESKTOP SCREENSHOT

It took a while but I found that on these updates ... Microsoft would delete my AMD graphics driver and the Radeon dashboard and turn my color depth to 10 bpc instead of the 8 bpc it operates at.
(bits per channel. 8bpc is what most codecs work with.)

After discovering the cause of my problem .. almost a year later, I was able to download and install the radeon dashboard and driver that allowed me to reset my color depth to 8 bpc.
(That was then)

Even though at that time, it was the Crimson version of the AMD software and not what I have installed now.
(Now it's Adrenalin)

This is the AMD dashboard that I have installed now and how I change the settings.
(On this rolled-back, non updated version)

RADEON SOFTWARE DASHBOARD

SETTINGS AREA OF CARD
(See the color depth setting? Left side down six.)

So what's my problem?

With this update, Microsoft is blocking every attempt at my trying to install a correct driver or any AMD software!!

I had no problem in installing this current software on this windows 10 version, but I can't install the same software on the new update even though AMD says this software is correct for the new update!
(Microsoft is blocking it!
(Yes, I turned my malware and virus protection off)

Oh yeah, you can't deny or rollback the update forever .. unless you are on a pro or business version of windows 10!

Is it too late to say that ..
I hope that I haven't confused Everyone?  22222frying pan

Thanks

The following is what I hope will be helpful info on what my graphics consist of.
(Chipset, no actual video card)

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

CPU
AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 2 Cores

AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics - Primary/Integrated

VRAM - 1024 MB - DDR3 800 MHz

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Windows 10 Update Is Causing An Old Problem To Return!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 01:04:05 am »
My only thought is to go to a discreet video card, but that may also possibly require a beefier power supply.