Author Topic: When Information Is Disinformation ..By Ned Ryun  (Read 90 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When Information Is Disinformation ..By Ned Ryun
« on: September 06, 2020, 04:49:54 pm »
   When Information Is Disinformation

The American people deserve the full story on the best way to make their votes count.
By Ned Ryun • September 5, 2020

While most national media outlets covered the Democratic and Republican National Conventions over the last two weeks, the Washington Post decided to go to war with a little-known website called Protect My Vote. While the Post labeled the site and its corresponding advertisements a “disinformation campaign,” ironically, the paper’s own news coverage supports the site’s message around a key piece of voter education: Your vote is more likely to be counted when it is cast in person.

In an added twist, Protect My Vote directs visitors from every state to their specific government agencies to register to vote, to request an absentee ballot, or to find their polling place. Bizarrely, a site underscoring official government resources is now categorized by the Washington Post as disinformation. 

In the initial article, Post reporter Isaac Stanley-Becker wrote that Protect My Vote “claims to present evidence showing that . . . widespread disenfranchisement result(s) from mail balloting, which is not borne out by facts.”

Two days later, the Post provided the needed facts. “More than 500,000 mail ballots were rejected in the primaries,” rang the headline. “That could make the difference in battleground states this fall.”

The Washington Post is not the only national news outlet to highlight the procedural problems facing mail ballots, or how the influx could overwhelm the United States Postal Service and elections offices across the country.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/05/when-information-is-disinformation/

Fixed a format oddity - Mod8
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:04:44 pm by MOD8 »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34