Author Topic: Today's Americans Will Live Up to Legacy of World War II Generation, Esper Says  (Read 226 times)

rangerrebew

Today's Americans Will Live Up to Legacy of World War II Generation, Esper Says
Sept. 2, 2020 | BY JIM GARAMONE , DOD News

Just like America's World War II generation, today's citizens will defend "democracy, liberty, sovereignty, human rights, mutual respect and the rule of law," Defense Secretary Dr. Mark T. Esper said in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii today.

The secretary spoke at the ceremony aboard the USS Missouri commemorating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II — the most destructive war in world history.

Some World War II veterans attended the ceremony who were present when representatives of Japan signed the surrender documents on the deck of the American battleship in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945. Many more veterans of the war had to attend virtually due to COVID-19.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/2333849/todays-americans-will-live-up-to-legacy-of-world-war-ii-generation-esper-says/

rangerrebew

Oh, really?!  tri22

Offline EdinVA

Esper has a really different version of law and order than I do.... Must be some really good drugs..

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Esper has a really different version of law and order than I do.... Must be some really good drugs..
Portland is just Manchuria. It's after Pearl Harbor that will really show what Americans are made of.

Besides that image appears to be French, not American.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:36:23 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis