Author Topic: 'Pregnancy is not a life-threatening illness': Ted Cruz takes heat in call to ban abortion pill  (Read 233 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
'Pregnancy is not a life-threatening illness': Ted Cruz takes heat in call to ban abortion pill

Sen. Ted Cruz came under fire from abortion-rights proponents after saying Wednesday on social media that pregnancy is not a "life-threatening illness" when the U.S. has the highest maternal death rate out of the world's developed nations.

Cruz made the comment in a tweet promoting a letter signed by himself and other Republican senators calling on the Food and Drug Administration to declare Mifeprex, also known as the "abortion pill," an "imminent hazard to the public health" and removed from the market.

"Pregnancy is not a life-threatening illness, and the abortion pill does not cure or prevent any disease," Cruz said. "Make no mistake, Mifeprex is a dangerous pill. That’s why 20 of my Republican colleagues and I are urging @US_FDA to classify it as such."....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/03/ted-cruz-pregnancy-not-life-threatening-abortion-bill-ban/5700978002/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.