Author Topic: Trump Bump After Convention: POTUS Jumps to Lead in National Poll  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Patrick Leahy 30 Aug 2020

President Trump has received a significant bump in the polls in the aftermath of last week’s Republican National Convention (RNC), jumping to a three-point lead in the national popular vote and a seven-point lead in key battleground states in the Democracy Institute/Sunday Express Poll released Sunday.

The Democracy  Institute/Sunday Express Poll shows that President Trump leads Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden 48 percent to 45 percent in the national popular vote, a one point bump from the two point lead the same poll found the president had in its survey released at the beginning of August. The president now also leads Biden by seven points in key battleground states, a two point bump from the five point lead he had in the same survey.

The Democracy Institute/Sunday Express Poll of 1,500 likely voters was conducted between Wednesday August 26 and Friday August 28 and has a 2.5 percent margin of error. Wednesday was the third day of the RNC, which ended on Thursday evening with the president’s acceptance speech. (The poll’s methodology description states, “The national party identification turnout model is: Democrats = 37 percent; Republicans = 35 percent; and Independents = 28 percent.”)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/30/trump-bump-after-convention-potus-jumps-to-lead-in-national-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump Bump After Convention: POTUS Jumps to Lead in National Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 07:14:59 pm »
 pointing-up

Christie dismisses post-convention poll that found no increase for Trump

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) dismissed poll findings released Sunday that indicated President Trump’s favorability remained flat after the Republican National Convention, while Democratic nominee Joe Biden experienced a boost after his convention.

Christie countered the ABC News/Ipsos poll by saying on ABC’s “This Week” that neither Trump nor Biden received an increase in favorability as both virtual conventions had low viewership numbers.

“The fact is no one got a bump out of this convention, not Joe Biden, not Donald Trump,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514341-christie-dismisses-trumps-post-convention-poll-findings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 07:40:15 pm »
Once word gets fully out a Trump supporter was gunned down in cold blood in Portland for being a Trump supporter?  Just watch the bump.  This event will FINALLY and ugily expose the MSM hyprocricy of their one sided reporting.

I don't know who this poor patriot was in Portland, but he needs to become the "RALLYING CRY" for his giving his life to saving this country.

My ancestors put a chill in their opponents with the "REBEL YELL"  Bayonets up I say!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 07:56:51 pm »
Predictable hot air from the media politicos.
Trump didn't rise as Biden fell severely, due to the BLM fandango.
Trump can win, if he seizes the moment and shuts up. Otherwise he won't.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 03:18:10 am by Absalom »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 08:13:42 pm »
Trump can win

Did anyone else feel the Earth shift on its axis?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 08:36:49 pm »
Did anyone else feel the Earth shift on its axis?

Nope.  I detected an "if" right after the comma.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 08:41:32 pm »
Once word gets fully out a Trump supporter was gunned down in cold blood in Portland for being a Trump supporter?  Just watch the bump.  This event will FINALLY and ugily expose the MSM hyprocricy of their one sided reporting.

I don't know who this poor patriot was in Portland, but he needs to become the "RALLYING CRY" for his giving his life to saving this country.

My ancestors put a chill in their opponents with the "REBEL YELL"  Bayonets up I say!!!!!!

The word is out perhaps among Trump's base, but the MSM remains silent for the most part on the violence and they and the DEMS continue to proclaim that the protests are peaceful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 08:47:31 pm »
This can't be I just heard the NBC radio news say Biden is ahead 52 to 42.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 09:41:55 pm »
The word is out perhaps among Trump's base, but the MSM remains silent for the most part on the violence and they and the DEMS continue to proclaim that the protests are peaceful.

Exactly right, except Trump has the power to unleash full fury of the people by telling them (Twitter) exactly what happened.  True, maybe half the people in this country doesn't use Twitter, but I'd bet near 100% knows somebody who does.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 09:44:31 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 10:10:25 pm »
Predictable hot air from the media politicos.
Trump didn't rise as Biden fell severely due to the BLM fandango.
Trump can win, if he seizes the moment and shuts up. Otherwise he won't.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Park_(Berkeley)

May 1969 Berkeley-Reagan Gov

May 1970 Kent State Nixon Potus

This spanned my time in the military, and schooled me about our political climate of THAT time.  Not long Afterward, the SLA (Symbian Liberation Army) kidnaped Patty Hearst, and had some shootouts.

Riddle me about your plans to "seize the day"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The pot had been simmering at Berkeley since the formation of SLATE back in 1958, and has marked the beginning of the decline in US academic excellence ever since.  Although Reagan stood firm and refused to back down, the Berkeley faculty had already ceded the war by allowing students to dictate the curricula in 1965.

The result is a plethora of worthless degrees, mountains of student loan debt, and the overall mediocrity of secondary education.  Once can now receive an English Literature degree without reading a single word of Shakespeare.  Grade inflation has become the norm.  And academia has become the refuge of intolerance and sanctuary to political groupthink.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 10:28:46 pm »
Sloe Joe has his finger on the pulse of the nation... or is it a bobby pin in an electrical socket.  Which ever it it Joe is going places, just not back to the whitehouse.  Well unless it is to rest in state from a deadly electrical shock.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 10:41:56 pm »
Every time I hear one of these ridiculous polls showing Biden way ahead it defies common sense, because it’s not what I’m hearing and seeing on the street.

Biden hasn’t even begun campaigning; and when he does show his face from the basement and speaks, it exposes an often confused, out of touch and washed up politician. There’s no comparison.

The closer the election, the more accurate the polls will start to become because the polling outfits have to deliver accuracy or risk losing their reputation and profitability.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 11:13:54 pm »
Exactly right, except Trump has the power to unleash full fury of the people by telling them (Twitter) exactly what happened.  True, maybe half the people in this country doesn't use Twitter, but I'd bet near 100% knows somebody who does.

His tweets are seen primarily by his base .... so releasing the information IMHO is going to have very little effect on Trump acquiring more voters.

Other than this forum, I don't do any type of social media nor do I have any accounts. I had a FB account about 15 years ago and shut it down -- I saw it as nothing more than people posting a lot of 'high school like' drama.  I know others that don't do social media as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 01:22:02 am »
Another day with movement in the betting markets ... now 50.6% Biden 49.1% Trump.  This is a massive swing.  Judging from Biden's rhetoric, the dems most likely have internal polling which shows their lead eroding.

Online LMAO

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 01:28:38 am »

If Biden makes verbal missteps and gaffes while hiding from his basement, what is he gonna be like on the campaign trail?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 06:58:03 pm »
But...but...but....  ABC News reports that there was NO bump for Trump after the convention.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 07:06:48 pm »
But...but...but....  ABC News reports that there was NO bump for Trump after the convention.
I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and guess they didn’t report the same following Biteme’s convention.