Author Topic: Protest Violence and the See-No-Evil Media  (Read 101 times)

rangerrebew

Protest Violence and the See-No-Evil Media
« on: August 30, 2020, 12:50:21 pm »

Protest Violence and the See-No-Evil Media
COMMENTARY
By Mark Hemingway
August 28, 2020

Like many conscientious, law-abiding Americans, I thought I’d reached my limit when it came to tolerating violent riots weeks ago. But then I saw a horrifyingly graphic video of “protesters” in New York last week chasing a scared raccoon out from underneath a car and clubbing it to death in the middle of the street. Are there people out there who really believe that helpless animals are tools of white supremacy? Or can we finally admit the violence that’s been raging since the police killing of George Floyd has become completely wanton and unmoored from notions of justice?

Maybe raccoon lives don’t matter much, but the fate of the poor critter proved to be a very bad omen. Tuesday, two people were killed after attacking an armed 17-year-old who was running away from a mob in Kenosha. A high school kid may have had no business carrying a gun in the middle of a riot, but the various videos also show he may have had valid reasons to fear for his life. The New York Times, to its credit, has a good breakdown of what happened, but the young gunman is now charged with first-degree murder.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/08/28/protest_violence_and_the_see-no-evil_media_144086.html

Offline mountaineer

Re: Protest Violence and the See-No-Evil Media
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 12:51:37 pm »
Will the media report on the murder of the so-called Trump supporter last night in Portland? Will the Biden campaign decry the violence?
 :2popcorn:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Protest Violence and the See-No-Evil Media
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 12:54:01 pm »
Will the media report on the murder of the so-called Trump supporter last night in Portland? Will the Biden campaign decry the violence?
 :2popcorn:

Just saw a headline on FB...  "...Right-wing protester shot..."
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald